Programming Ingham Co. Into BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceranes

I understand the new generation of scanners are configured differently.

To program the Ingham Co. EDACS system...I create a system, give it a name. Then I create a site and give IT a name (assuming site means tower site - only 1 for this system, so it may not apply).

The next part is where I am confused. The manual says I need to create a group and name it. What is a group? Do they mean Countywide Fire, Lansing Police, etc?

The last part is to enter the frequencies and talk group IDs.

I'm not sure how many of you have played with this type of scanner, but I would appreciate a little insight or tips to make this work, if you could please.

Thank you,

Chris

ceranes

Thanks...I want to understand how it works before I jump into software.

GeneseeCoMI

I understand the new generation of scanners are configured differently.

To program the Ingham Co. EDACS system...I create a system, give it a name. Then I create a site and give IT a name (assuming site means tower site - only 1 for this system, so it may not apply).

The next part is where I am confused. The manual says I need to create a group and name it. What is a group? Do they mean Countywide Fire, Lansing Police, etc?

The last part is to enter the frequencies and talk group IDs.

I'm not sure how many of you have played with this type of scanner, but I would appreciate a little insight or tips to make this work, if you could please.

Thank you,

Chris

In trunked systems, a talkgroup is the equivalent of a channel (i.e. dispatch, LEIN, car to car, tactical). Program in each talkgroup you want to hear. For a basic explanation of trunking, read this. For more information on EDACS systems, read this.

ceranes

I understand what talkgroups are. They say I need to create a "Group" before I enter any frequencies or talkgroups. What is a "Group"?

GeneseeCoMI

I understand what talkgroups are. They say I need to create a "Group" before I enter any frequencies or talkgroups. What is a "Group"?

You'd probably get better answers on one of the Uniden forums. This is more of a general programming question and less of a Michigan-specifc question.

Status
Not open for further replies.