Phase 2 Rumors .

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8vlv

I live in St.clair county. And there has been rumors regarding Phase 2,
I heard that between st.clair and Lapeer counties their isn't enough money to pay for it. I heard from several township boards that they won't pay for it. Brad Stoddard mentioned that Phase 2 would be 4-5 more years and it would be on higher Priority basis in cities like Detroit And Lansing .
I can confirm that several communities aren't pleased about the combination of lapeer and St.clair counties having combined dispatch systems . They are several communities that do not like how St.clair county central dispatch board doesn't listen to complaints of the system. Presently there is 6 townships that are in dispute with st.clair county central dispatch.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Do you think posting all of this might not be a good idea? I would think some if not all of it would have been told to you in confidence? If it's meat to be publicized, please ignore this.

scanmanmi

A) St Clair Co is on MPSCS so wouldn't that mean the system would have to be P2?

B) Why would anyone want to go to P2? Isn't it just to releave congestion? They don't actually gain anything do they?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
A) St Clair Co is on MPSCS so wouldn't that mean the system would have to be P2?

B) Why would anyone want to go to P2? Isn't it just to releave congestion? They don't actually gain anything do they?

I don't know if it's correct but from what I've been hearing a P2 system can also support P1 device if programmed to do so.

P2 supposed offers longer battery life.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if it's correct but from what I've been hearing a P2 system can also support P1 device if programmed to do so.

If there is any P1 device affiliated with a site, the system will make the affiliated TG a P1 signal. I am not sure if that would carry over to another site, if that site has only P2 devices on that TG.

Sent using Tapatalk

pilondav

Premium Subscriber
P25 Phase 2 is not a question of if it will be implemented, but rather one of when it will be implemented. FCC will mandate 6.25 kHz spectrum efficiency equivalence at some point, which P2 supports. The P2 to P1 compatibility mechanism described above will only be used during the transition to a 100% P2 system. My notoriously inaccurate crystal ball shows FCC announcing a 6.25 kHz R&O in the next year or two, with a moratorium on non-compliant licenses effective two years later and then full compliance required 5-7 years thereafter.

Last edited:

Smac61

Feed Provider
Do you think posting all of this might not be a good idea? I would think some if not all of it would have been told to you in confidence? If it's meat to be publicized, please ignore this.

Exactly. As someone who definitely does "know" I couldn't agree more...

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

P2 you gain more channel capacity... Each frequency has two voice or data paths. You can have a voice call and a data call or even two voice calls on one repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.