Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

Ron can this be a stickey so we can just post pics of fire/ems/police stuff in here instead of new thread all the time?

2dwavtg.jpg

2z7ocpe.jpg

2s8ssnc.jpg

307m82f.jpg

405cdo3.jpg

bigbluemsp

These were at my work today as part of inservice training.

MARINE CITY POLICE (ST. CLAIR COUNTY)
42m2s5u.jpg

315d209.jpg

2aj1jx5.jpg

4bdx2d2.jpg

CARSONVILLE POLICE (SANILAC COUNTY)
34ili5w.jpg

2vv1dfc.jpg

2w2rf5w.jpg

TROY POLICE (OAKLAND COUNTY)
2l8uhiu.jpg

2lnhero.jpg

2dw6kuv.jpg

bigbluemsp

I can't believe Lapeer Co still went back with the Impala. GOD those cars are slow, and they suck and not to mention FUGLY..

I do like how they went to the Whelen Liberty LED lightbar though.

Chief71

bigbluemsp said:
I can't believe Lapeer Co still went back with the Impala. GOD those cars are slow, and they suck and not to mention FUGLY..

I do like how they went to the Whelen Liberty LED lightbar though.

Those Impalas are TERRIBLE! Their acceleration is horrible but they top off pretty good. What's really goofy is the Traffic unit was supposed to get a Charger but they put it in a township which doesn't make any sence. I have heard that Genesee Co. has an Impala SS, I'd like to see a pic of that. This summer we are supposed to get more Chargers, which so far I have heard no complaints about. Everyone seems to love them.

GTO_04

Aren't the new Impalas any quicker? They are supposed to have top speed around 140 MPH yet sounds like acceleration is slow.

The next generation Impala will be a lot better, and will look better too. It will have RWD and will have 6.0L V8 power. Now if I can only find those pictures..................

GTO_04

Chief71

GTO_04 said:
Aren't the new Impalas any quicker? They are supposed to have top speed around 140 MPH yet sounds like acceleration is slow.

The next generation Impala will be a lot better, and will look better too. It will have RWD and will have 6.0L V8 power. Now if I can only find those pictures..................

GTO_04

I don't know which new Impalas you are talking about, but the 06 models are nothing to brag about.

bigbluemsp

GTO_04 said:

GTO_04

The 06 WImpala's are still FWD V6's and yes they are faster on the top end but they are still doggish.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
He's probably talking about the 08 Impala. I just did a quick internet search. The 08 Impala might be going RWD but GM has not completely decided if it should be RWD or FWD.

Last edited:

gg750

The Traverse City MSP Post (71) got their first Charger yesterday. The post commander was nice enough to let me snap a few shots.

G

P2270006.jpg

P2270004.jpg

P2270002.jpg

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Your right, not the same without the bubble, and we understand why they could not put the bubble on there, but you have to admit that they look very AWESOME!!!

I do wonder though, if they cannot put the bubble on there, why not try out another type of lightbar in their color? Just curious...I know the history and all.....but why not try it out....

bigbluemsp

The Unity beacon is too heavy to put on the car. Lightbars use sraps to support them which tie into the frame above the doors whereas the bubble sits on the roof. Chrysler won't design a roll bar or roof support on the top of the car that will not only protect the cabin a little better but would also support a bubble. My buddy tinkered with the idea of welding one in the car but the headliner wouldn't fit right in the car with it on his dry test run. Thus no bubbles on the cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.