All MPSCS Towers - Google Earth File

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMedic

Well, finally I am finished.

I have put all MPSCS towers into a Google Earth file, with a fair amount of detail for each tower. When I say "all" MPSCS towers I mean "all" as per the Radio Reference database.

The towers are listed in numerical order, and are plotted using the exact latitude and longitude as per the FCC registration. If you right click on a tower and select properties, you'll find in the notes section that I included the tower number, location, county, callsign, and primary & alternate control channel frequencies. Each tower is represented by a custom radio tower icon.

I'm sure after manually inputing so many towers I made a few mistakes here and there (hopefully not though!) If you do find a mistake, please PM or email me and I'll fix it!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

BuiltonAsus

Is there a way that this can be added to the database page with Michigan? or the MPSCS database page?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
First off, UPMedic this is excellent, great job on this project!

Is this the most recent update???

Looks like v1.0 from 2007, I think that there have been many changes since the publish date. Perhaps new towers, etc???

Anyway, great job and thanks for sharing this with the rest of us!

Jerry - K8GLD

UPMedic

Yes this is the most recent update... Maybe I can find some time to work on new towers. etc...

Either way - glad you guys like it.

UPMedic

Well, finally I am finished.

I have put all MPSCS towers into a Google Earth file, with a fair amount of detail for each tower. When I say "all" MPSCS towers I mean "all" as per the Radio Reference database.

The towers are listed in numerical order, and are plotted using the exact latitude and longitude as per the FCC registration. If you right click on a tower and select properties, you'll find in the notes section that I included the tower number, location, county, callsign, and primary & alternate control channel frequencies. Each tower is represented by a custom radio tower icon.

I'm sure after manually inputing so many towers I made a few mistakes here and there (hopefully not though!) If you do find a mistake, please PM or email me and I'll fix it!

Enjoy!

Well, all of this talk and renewed interest in my Google Earth file has inspired me to come up with an update!

MODS: if you could edit my original post (message #1 in this thread) to ADD the following:

Well, I've finally updated my Google Earth file of all the MPSCS towers. See the revision history text file for details!

Last edited:

mikey60

Question, You have tower 204 listed as Richmond, yet in the RR database it is listed as Southfeild??? Which is right?

The old Richmond site used to be #204. When the St. Clair simulcast when on line, the old Richmond site was shut down. When the Southfield site went on line, they re-used the 204 site number for that site.

Mike

bigbluemsp

The old Richmond site used to be #204. When the St. Clair simulcast when on line, the old Richmond site was shut down. When the Southfield site went on line, they re-used the 204 site number for that site.

Mike

I knew I posted my info in the wrong area.

Thanks Mikey

UPMedic

UPDATED to version 1.2

Added Southfield tower 204, deleted old Richmond 204
Fixed the names of a few towers, such as "Atlanta 1" to "Atlanta (South)"
Added alternate control channel frequencies for about 25 towers

As always, PM or email me with corrections, comments, questions, etc...

Enjoy!

EDIT - UPDATED to version 1.21

Thanks to Steve - K8PBX, who found that I was missing three simulcast sites for Macomb County. Version 1.21 adds towers 219-7,8,9 to the map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.