Looking for a Motorola Motrac trunk unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISP543

Preferably in the Michigan area. For my 1975 Michigan State police car restoration. I just need the trunking unit part. It doesn't even have to work. I have PLENTY of control heads...no trunking unit

Feel free to drop me an email at Preston@fotki.com
Check out the car at : http://public.fotki.com/Preston/my_new_project/

I know this is "old school" stuff for you guys, but I am hoping that one of you may have one of these collecting dust someplace that you are willing to part with cheap.

Here is an early pic of my set up
PICT0147.jpg

they look like this
eb9f_1_sbl.jpg

eddd_1_sbl.jpg

Last edited:

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
I might be able to find something in our assortment of really old lowband stuff at my FD...I'll let you know. When you say "trunking", are you referring to some type of signal trunking, or just the unit the mounts in the "trunk"? I'm not an expert of old radio technology, but I didn't realize there was radio trunking in the 70's in Michigan...Please let us know!

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
ISP,

Its GREAT to see your interest in that car...I took the time to look at your website, and I am sure that the Troopers will be excited to see that car back and shining brighter than ever! Thanks for taking the time to do something like this!

I wish you all the luck....

mkoronka

What a great job you have done on that car. Looking at your pictures sure brought back alot of memories from that overhead flasher to hearing the howl of that 4 bbl carb when they got on it. With todays 800 Mhz antenna's (short) I forgot how they used to hook the tip of that whip antenna to the roof of the car. I would like to see that in person some day.

EC-7

I just threw out about 4 or 5 of those last year. Im a pack-rat who keeps tons of radios for "future" projects, and I figured those were just junk anymore and not worth the time.
I think mine might of actualy come from MSP too.
Sorry, I would of given them to you for free.

Id check on some ham radio sites, like www.QRZ.com in the Items Wanted section.
Someone on there has got to have some left.

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
I have a trunk mount unit, it's probably even working still. It was running on 39.180 back in it's operational days, and was pulled as recently as 1998. PM me if you want it, it's free for the taking.

N8DV

Try at the Dayton HamVention. There are a lot of Motorola units out in the flea market. Several years ago, I even seen a complete radio communications system, radios, mobiles, and repeater--no antenna.

ISP543

ncarpenter said:
I have a trunk mount unit, it's probably even working still. It was running on 39.180 back in it's operational days, and was pulled as recently as 1998. PM me if you want it, it's free for the taking.
Great!!! the only problem is that you are located in TC and I'm in K-zoo. I'm not sure how much it would be to ship it. Perhaps you could wiegh it and then we could figure out shipping cost. I would be more than happy to send you shipping.

ISP543

FOUND ONE. Ok....11 of 'em exactly (careful what ya wish for huh? :) ) A big thanks to Tim at Signal 6 Emergency Equipment. Signal6@mei.net <---give him your business . please lock thread

ISP543

firetaz834 said:
Did anyone supply you with that trunk unit as of yet. If not, I will continue looking in my storage areas for one for you.
Sure did (see post just above yours). Thank you for checking up though. Most appreciated. However, if anyone has a Motrac 4 channel control head with the 4 channel scanner attachment (see the picture of my equipment set up in one of the above posts), I could use another one. As you can see, I do already have one but the front is kinda beat up. If I can find one in little better shape great. If not, no biggy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.