GODAWGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki5gf

Yesterday my ADS-B reflected the following 2 acft airborne at the same time both using the same c/s:

AE4EA7 c/s GODAWGS, sqk 5065, increased alt to FL270, no other data
AE4AOD c/s GODAWGS, sqk 4611, increased alt to FL180, no other data
Both probably departed San Antonio.

Probably not military, but ---
Questions:
Were these 2 acft associated with the "Georgia Online Disaster Awareness Geospatial System"
application that GOOGLE found for me? According to the "GEMA GODAWGS" web site, GODAWGS
is a "web based geospatial visualization tool". It is an "Official State of Georgia Government System".
It can be used by state SOCs to assist emergency responder's situational awareness.

Or -- were both of these airplane drivers just loyal Georgia State fans???

ki5gf

No tracking

SRI I didn't have any tracking and no voice comms at the time. Just ADS-B ICAO, c/s, alt, and sqk data.
And, since I was pretty sure they weren't military when I saw them yesterday, I didn't bother to Google
"GODAWGS" until this morning.

freqhopping

All your "ADS-B" hits are mode-S hits unless you are actually getting locational data.

AE4EA7 is Navy T-6 166190
AE4A0D is likely Navy T-6 166130

Most likely some GA boys having fun with their transponders.

Any hex code beginning with AE is US Mil. There are 456 US mil aircraft with a hex code beginning with ADF.

ki5gf

GOHAWGS thanks

Thanks for the ident help. Makes sense. I hear LOTs of the T-6II Texans out of Laughlin AFB near
Del Rio, TX. I've id'ed several RNGR-7XX and BOMR-8XX calls as being T-6's from Laughlin.
Again -- thanks.

BTW -- "Spinnin and Grinnin" sounds like what us old 207 ditty boppers used to do a LOT of. You ??

ki5gf

Morse op

In the USMC, I had morse ops on my teams. 1st Rad Bn

My Uncle Sugar let me play radio in the USAF for 30 years, 5 months and 7 days (but who was counting).
My whole career was with USAFSS which later became ESC and now its something else.
The radios I used (and where I used them) took LOTs of "spinning and grinning".
Always nice to meet a fellow spinner.

pilotman6012

The Ranger and Boomer are not Laughlin birds,they are the two T-6B training squadrons at Nas Corpus Christi,BOOMERS are VT-27/Taw-4 and RANGERS Are VT-28/Taw-4

ki5gf

Rangers and Boomers

The Ranger and Boomer are not Laughlin birds,they are the two T-6B training squadrons at Nas Corpus Christi,BOOMERS are VT-27/Taw-4 and RANGERS Are VT-28/Taw-4

Again -- thanks for the id help. Assuming those VT-27 and VT-28 birds were doing their flying out over
the Kingsville MOA somewhere, they sure do have some good radios. Their ADS-B signals were always VERY good even at lower altitudes which is why I thought they might have originated here in San Antonio or Laughlin.

Lots of new learning to on this ADS-B stuff. So far, it seems that I've just scratched the surface. But I'm getting there, and if I can do it -- anybody can.

Status
Not open for further replies.