New England MilAir logs & recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Good info,what MilAir freqs do you usually get traffic on here in New England?

AlertNewEngland

Premium Subscriber
Here are the basics.

KBGR Command Post: 311.0
KPSM Command Post: 321.0
KCEF Command Post: 252.1
KBAF Command Post: 309.0
KFMH Command Post: 345.0
KOQU Command Post: 383.3
KWRI Command Post: 319.4
KWRI Command Post: 349.4
KSWF Command Post: 379.4
KSCH Command Post: 251.25

NORAD: 228.9
NORAD: 260.9
NORAD: 364.2

AR20: 341.75
AR204: 324.6
AR212: 238.9
AR631: 295.8
AR777: 228.0

AlertNewEngland

Premium Subscriber
The SNE wiki is great, although some of the stuff in there is a bit out of date now. Putting in the UHF ARTCC and TRACON freqs for your area makes sense, especially if you are dedicating a scanner to military listening. I've talked to a bunch of people who tried throwing 150 mil frequencies in their 'regular' scanner along with all the fire, police, rescue, etc, and never hear anything. Too many frequencies, and no scanner is fast enough to catch the milair stuff, which is typically short in duration.

AlertNewEngland

Premium Subscriber
'Out of date' isn't exactly the right way to put it. More accurate would be 'it is an extensive database with lots of frequencies, many of which have likely fallen out of use, but may be used again in the future at any time'. It's not like there are any errors, it's just that you may never hear some of those frequencies ever again. It does seem like someone has gone through and updated the 'confirmed date' column, which is helpful. I'll look through and see if anything jumps out at me.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Here's an update....

If we're out of date, we'd happily take updates....hint hint... ;)

The CT ANG aircraft (C-21 Learjet) that operate at BDL are listed as having the callsign SHARK ##, but they do not use that one; maybe that callsign applied to the A-10's that used to be here.

Please update the DB to show the callsign used by the C-21 ANG aircraft at BDL is YANKEE ## Thanks,

Russell

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Nice work on this info and your site. I'm curious as to what you're using for equipment, when you get a chance. I'm currently using a Kinetics SBS-1ER with DPD Productions antenna. Thanks.

AlertNewEngland

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Scott! I'm using the same antenna as you, hooked to a microADSB. I can't set up an outside antenna, so it's hanging in a window. I'm planning on upgrading to the SBS-3 within the next month or two.

COMINT_NE

The best way to monitor MilAir is to dedicate a scanner specifically to the task. You can find used scanners with 225-400 MHz. reception cheap enough at hamfests. Last one I bought was a Uniden BC-9000 for $60 at NEAR-Fest. Put in everything, as those old channels often come back to life.

138-144 MHz, AM mode, 25 KHz. spacing gets you some interesting plane-to-plane traffic. I've also heard a fair amount of traffic on the "Winchester" discrete of 303.0 MHz. ("30-30")

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
The SBS-3 is on my radar as well (no pun intended). New firmware should be forthcoming soon that will allow simultaneous monitoring of 3 frequencies per tuner, or a total of 6 simultaneously. I would have already had one save for a super deal I got on a used Winradio Excalibur WR-G31DDC.

I'm using a BC780XLT exclusively for milair monitoring at home. It does a great job and as such remains a very viable scanner despite its inability to trunktrack some rebanded Motorola systems. It's my intention to run it 24/7 with ProScan for unattended monitoring/logging but I need to square away a few audio input/output issues before I do.

AlertNewEngland

Premium Subscriber
I believe the 6 channel SDR firmware for the SBS-3 is officially out now. I'm using an 898T for the recordings/liveatc.net feed, and a BCT15X, IC-R20, and your old DJ-X11 for 'live' monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.