New England Area Milcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Im hoping to get a good thread going for all New England area Milcom activity. Its hard to find a specific place to post Milair activity that's not specific to any particular state but rather a whole region.

This morning Im getting tanker activity in AR631 295.800 AM with MAINE 82 tanker and JINX ## (C-17A 6th AS Joint Base-McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst NJ (KWRI) Time 1523UTC.

Rob

ecps92

New England MILCOM

Im hoping to get a good thread going for all New England area Milcom activity. Its hard to find a specific place to post Milair activity that's not specific to any particular state but rather a whole region.

This morning Im getting tanker activity in AR631 295.800 AM with MAINE 82 tanker and JINX ## (C-17A 6th AS Joint Base-McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst NJ (KWRI) Time 1523UTC.

Rob

SCPD

QRT

Thanks Bill that's a new one to me.lol

Im looking to expand the experience hopefully to a larger audience Bill. Unfortunately and it may prove true here as well but there just is not a whole lot of people who seem interested in milcom over at our home base SNE. Just me and Clyde most of the time not that that's a bad thing. I enjoy posting there as well.

Rob

SCPD

QRT
A lot of activity this evening. Looks like res are set up for AR631 at 21:00z and 23:30z. AR777 and AR020 is looking like 23:00z as well. This is where multiple scanners come in handy.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bill that's a new one to me.lol

Im looking to expand the experience hopefully to a larger audience Bill. Unfortunately and it may prove true here as well but there just is not a whole lot of people who seem interested in milcom over at our home base SNE. Just me and Clyde most of the time not that that's a bad thing. I enjoy posting there as well.

Rob

Rob,

I am interested but have not had any luck with it. I have what I can find for Milcom frequencies but have only heard something once or twice in this are. Kevin

SCPD

QRT
Rob,

I am interested but have not had any luck with it. I have what I can find for Milcom frequencies but have only heard something once or twice in this are. Kevin

The first thing you need is the scanner. You need a scanner that will cover the UHF milair band. Your new uniden will do that for you. You have that covered.

Second thing are the freqs and according to you you have them already. Its important to have all the aerial refueling or "AR" freqs programed as well as the ZBW "Boston Center" freqs. This is where military aircraft make their first contacts with ATC.

Third thing is the antenna. You really should have a good outdoor antenna up as high as you can possibly get it. Now there are a few antennas on the market that are made specifically for the milair band but a discone will work just fine. I would also use a preamp between your radio and antenna to help pick out weak signals. So you have the first two covered how about the antenna? What are you using for an antenna Kevin?

Rob

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

SCPD

QRT
New England Military Air - FlightAware
A group of plane spotters, PlanePlotters, and comms enthusiasts keeping tabs on aviation in, over, and around New England.
Flight Crew

Hey MtnBiker I just became a member of flightaware. Can I set it up to receive real time flight tracking of military aircraft or is it just commercial aircraft. Do I have to download the planeplotter software to get it running?

SCPD

QRT
You might want to take a look at MilAirComms Real-Time Frequency Logger MilAir Comms Spotter Network he has people posting mil air stuff world wide.

Here you can see a map of the location where his recent people posted mil air activity Military Comms Map of Military Communication Spots/Logs

I have been using it for some time and its helped me pick up stuff that I otherwise would have missed. What I like is people post in realtime as they hear it, not by an email a day too late.....

Spotters is awesome! I also use it and contribute info as well. Good stuff.

SCPD

QRT
I would also add this link as well. I check up on this site every day for military news and information related to the hobby. Ron Perron's military call sign directory is posted on this site as well. Very handy tool.
Milcom Monitoring Post

SCPD

QRT
Getting REACH-352 talking with a ETHYL-87 tanker in AR020 341.750. REACH-352 Tail#099211, ETHYL tail#580117. Time 0248z

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
AR212 238.900 is active with JINX (C17) in chat with a tanker. Got tail#860027. Time 1332UTC.

thom

Premium Subscriber
Coronet

Getting coms on 388.4 this morning with British accent. Isn't this a coronet freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.