U.S. Strategic Command to conduct command, control exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
OFFUTT AIR FORCE BASE, Neb. – U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), one of nine U.S. unified commands under the Department of Defense, will conduct Exercise GLOBAL THUNDER 15 with components and tasks forces beginning Oct. 20, 2014. In coordination with other combatant commands, services and appropriate U.S. government agencies, USSTRATCOM conducts global operations to deter and detect strategic attacks against the U.S. and its allies, and is prepared to defend the nation as directed.

U.S. Strategic Command to conduct command, control exercise - U.S. Strategic Command

The usual freqs are already lit up with EAMs...
4724, 6712, 6739, 8992, 9025, 11175, 11181, 13200, 13212, 15016

Tactical traffic can be found on the NorthStar UHF 'burn' system.

Haley

That would explain all the phone patches and orderwire comms. yesterday. Posted most of them in the HF utility forum. Good information, thanks for posting this! Mike

Hooligan

These exercises usually aren't announced in media releases like this, let alone discussed much in any official open-sources, so this is interesting, and I guess obahama really is trying to play nice with Putin.

mancow

Database Admin
I'm hearing a fair amount of lowband skip. A good portion seems to be Canadian from the accents and what sounds like French at times. I've noticed they seem to be a bit more lax than US comms when it comes to radio protocols (using yes instead of Roger etc...). They don't seem to be transmitting a 150.0 Hz tone that often either. 225-400 seems fairly quiet so far with only a few AR activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.