PRO-43 Good for MilAir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIREBOX2914

Premium Subscriber
I've seen bits and pieces about PRO-43s in the past. Are they good for MilAir? I see several on ebay currently and thought about picking one up.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Yes they most certainly are. TheAchilles heel for these units are the key pads failing and some times the speakers go bad. There are no more replacement keypads in RS stock as far as I know. But to address your question, they were one of the best hand held MILAIR scanners ever made. google the reviews and see for yourself.

prcguy

Yup, like he said, one of the best.
prcguy

Yes they most certainly are. TheAchilles heel for these units are the key pads failing and some times the speakers go bad. There are no more replacement keypads in RS stock as far as I know. But to address your question, they were one of the best hand held MILAIR scanners ever made. google the reviews and see for yourself.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I've still got one buried in a box somewhere. MILAIR was awesome on it!

Same here. Maybe I'll go look for it. It was the radio that got me interested in monitoring Milair. I did have to replace the keypad. One of the pros of the radio was its scan speed. I think it was about 50 chnls. a second which at the time was awesome. The con is you have to program it by hand. Hence the keypad issue.

PACNWDude

The pro-43 and the Pro-2004 were the best scanners I have ever used for military air monitoring. I still have them both as well as an old Pro-2006, they got more use when I actually lived on a military base, but they still excel in the military bands.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

The contact side of the keypad would be easy to fix. Aluminized tape makes a good repair.

Sent via Tapatalk

nyair1

I had one back in the day. Great radio that was nice and compact to carry around while traveling. Also had a pro-2005 and pro-2006. Those were my first introductions to milair. Used to go to a local radio store to buy pop comm and Mt and got to talking with one of the counter guys. He was telling me all about the milair action from our local base. Tuned into it and I was hooked. He even printed up a little freq guide book that they sold in the store.

SCPD

QRT
firebox2914

I saw you checking info about pro43, also see you are in maryland (baltimore) and are you in BOX414 as a member,I was for awhile join in 1976..but now I am inAA county give me S>M Bob.(bobf9f5)

FIREBOX2914

Premium Subscriber
I saw you checking info about pro43, also see you are in maryland (baltimore) and are you in BOX414 as a member,I was for awhile join in 1976..but now I am inAA county give me S>M Bob.(bobf9f5)

Im not in BOX414? I am in AACO as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.