Bandsaw and Bigfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki5gf

Earlier today I was hearing a station using callsigns "Bandsaw Lima" talking to "Bigfoot" on 364.200 which
is listed as a NORAD Air Intercept freq. Bandsaw Lima was using clear voice to pass aircraft tracking data to Bigfoot. About 15 to 20 separate track numbers (05xx) were noted. Most tracks were AZ/RNG from
"Bullseye" and at least one gave target location of 2809N by 9822W. All operators were kinda "tentative" and kinda slow passing data which makes me think they were trainees. Also, using UHF clear voice to pass airborne tracking data is kinda 1950-ish isn't it? Maybe a backup system or ops getting ready to "rough it" during the upcoming Jade Helm 15 exercise?

ki5gf

After reviewing audio file of the Bandsaw Lima and Bigfoot activity, near the end I heard references to "Correlation Checks". Activity may have been airborne Bandsaw operators passing tracking data
to Bigfoot (NORAD) sites on specific aircraft targets for equipment/operator accuracy checks/evaluations.

ki5gf

Correct but unusual

Correct on Bandsaw. I hear the Bandsaw callsign frequently but I've never heard Bandsaw and Bigfoot working together in my area (San Antonio) using clear text voice comms to pass what looks like general aircraft tracking data.

ki5gf

Bigfoot active

Unid callsign (slurred) passing tracking data to Bigfoot on 364.2000 mhz. 07XX track numbers used this time.

ki5gf

364.200 activity continues

Activity continues on 364.200. At least 2 airborne tracking stations noted correlating area aircraft tracking data. Track numbers noted were 11XX and 12XX. Tracking stations used Fox and Victor as callsigns.
Victor made reference to "other aircraft in area" as you, (somebody-73) and Deerhunter. All activity consisted of comparing specific tracks on each other's scopes. Good signal strengths in this area.

ki5gf

Bigfoot and Dragnet Uniform

Dragnet Uniform working with Bigfoot on 364.2000 passing tracking and correlation checks. Using 06XX track numbers.

fasteddy64

I hear this freq used quite often with these players and other here in Abilene. A lot of the activity centers around the Brownwood MOA's which use 317.7 as their main frequency. The main players in the MOA (fighters) use Mustang, Spad and Bullet call signs primarily.
I believe there is also an orbit that the Bigfoot and Bandsaw guys use that centers over Abilene.

Give 317.7 a listen sometime, as well as 271.0

Ed
KG5UN
Abilene

ki5gf

Dragnet Victor

Dragnet Victor passing tracking to Bigfoot Sierra on 364.2000. Track numbers 11XX and 12XX. No Geo/Refs noted and all tracking is AZ/RNG from Bullseye.

Status
Not open for further replies.