Milcom/Milair Audio Recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheilaaliens

Hi all! I'm a long-time lurker on this forum. I'm working on a video project for my Youtube channel that will include amateur radio recordings of recent military exercises taking place in the U.S. This includes, but is not limited to, operations like Jade Helm and Robin Sage.

If you have any recordings to share, it would be most appreciated and of high interest to the general public to hear these recordings.

I will ask explicit permission from you to use a clip or clips and will PM you here on RR to let you know which ones I'd like to use.

I won't be taking the recordings out of context. This is going to be a straightforward presentation. If you can provide a description along with the audio clip that'd be great (I'll be spending some time looking up each acronym used, so I can translate it into layman's terms for the general public).

I have little knowledge on how to operate a scanner myself nor do I have any personal equipment aside from my SDR dongle. I use remote online receivers to try to hear anything interesting, but it's like a blind person trying to play tennis. I have no idea what I'm doing, lol.

If you have an Audioboom account, please share the link!

I will give full credit to all contributors and will state explicitly in the video that each clip is copyright of its respective owner. Anyway, looking forward to hearing some cool stuff!! Thanks! :)

sheilaaliens

No takers ?? Well on another note, there should be a forum dedicated to sharing audio snippets, funny or interesting oddities you've captured. Sad that there isn't one yet, I'd love to hear all of it XD

sheilaaliens

Thanks Brandon! I actually check your blog every day, great site. My boyfriend and I were listening to the weird Spanish recording of yours from July 11th - the unid male. The guy in the audio is saying "The girls are alone, the girls are alone, the girls are alone..." Over and over again. Pretty creepy, probably something shady going on in ol' MX.

Thanks for the audio links, are they recent captures?

sheilaaliens

Thanks Brandon! I actually check your blog every day, great site. My boyfriend and I were listening to the weird Spanish recording of yours from July 11th - the unid male. The guy in the audio is saying "The girls are alone, the girls are alone, the girls are alone..." Over and over again. Pretty creepy, probably something shady going on in ol' MX.

Thanks for the audio links, are they recent captures?

edit: nevermind, I see the date stamps on your blog

mancow

Database Admin
I post many of my intercepts to my personal blog here

Here is an example of exercise comms via skysat balloon
solarix.net · 251.600 Camp Pendleton Activity

Exercises over satcom voice
solarix.net · 258.650 US Military Exercise
solarix.net · 251.850 Crazy 21 and Warhammer
solarix.net · 258.650 Pathfinder

I know I've asked before but I can't remember what you said but which radio are you using to make these recordings? I get amazing reception from the CONUS sat since I'm right under it and I'm using one of the large 7 element antennas plus a low noise preamp. The problem is the pirate traffic. I can't stand it. How do you manage to get the recordings? Do you just go back and listen to it all? How are you getting the clear stuff without it locking on drunken Portuguese 24/7? Are you getting lucky and you just happen to be sitting there when you run across the clear stuff?

I would put the satcom feed back up if I could end up streaming something more than drunken signing.

D

DaveNF2G

Are you putting together an index of these recordings or creating some sort of presentation based on them? What is the aim of the presentation?

There are a lot of YouTube videos that are attempts to persuade everyone that routine military exercises are part of some sinister conspiracy.

Even if you're not a conspiracy theory nut, I would think that creating a big, obvious collection of this stuff for the general public might be a good way to bring some unwanted attention to the scanning and SWL hobbies.

sheilaaliens

Are you putting together an index of these recordings or creating some sort of presentation based on them? What is the aim of the presentation?

There are a lot of YouTube videos that are attempts to persuade everyone that routine military exercises are part of some sinister conspiracy.

Even if you're not a conspiracy theory nut, I would think that creating a big, obvious collection of this stuff for the general public might be a good way to bring some unwanted attention to the scanning and SWL hobbies.

Well, I plan to play the audio in its entirety and then repeat the audio but play it in reverse so that we can reveal any subliminal truths in the reverse speech.

^That was a joke

I just think it would actually be informative and interesting to hear the radio communications from mil exercises. Im not going to put any spin on it at all. Maybe hearing some comms would help humanize the military to the detached 'conspiracy nuts' as they do seem to forget that our military is training to defend us and this country. Hearing it might remove some of the mystique surrounding these ops.

Radio is something that the world has forgotten and i think it deserves to remain alive. If you don't share what you capture with the rest of the world, then I wonder why you all do this at all? Then it's all for naught? I really enjoy Brandons logs as he provides audio snippets along with the raw data. Why spend so much money on all this equipment and posting all these texts only logs just to never even have anybody else hear the audio? That's crazy. It'd be nice if there WAS an archive database of audio snippets for future generations to hear. I know I personally would spend hours just listening to it every little thing and I find it immensely interesting.

Anyway I completely understand any apprehension and I do appreciate the audio shared this far. I might not be able to collect enough recent stuff to make a video about this but I can still lurk and try to listen on my own if I can figure it out. Might buy a scanner at the local swap meet here in West Hollywood, I see them there all the time.

FYI I'm a 29 year old woman yet I find myself interested in amateur radio and I go metal detecting regularly. I guess I'm a 40 something year old man from the 90s on the inside. In short, this forgotten medium, in my opinion, is of significant historical value and should be preserved for future generations but that's just my two cents :)

D

DaveNF2G

Well, thank you for responding in good humor. I did appreciate the comment about the reverse replay.

I'm glad there are still people, particularly women, who are interested in radio and technology. I wish you success with your efforts.

mancow

Database Admin
You can tune into my feed on proscan. It's very busy and your software would create recordings locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.