Searching for new trundled channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Question: If I program all voice channel freqs on a trunked system, but some are encrypted, even though the scanner won't pick them up during normal monitoring, is it possible I would at least get a squelch break on a digital scanner even if it's a digital signal? Anything to indicate some kind of traffic on a particular freq?

I monitoring a P25 system that has clear and encrypted traffic. There are also users of this system that I get nothing whatsoever but I know they are on this system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
P25 encrypted or clear transmissions will sound the same. Most scanners mute the audio when they detect encrypted transmissions. Monitoring the voice frequencies in a non-trunked mode may allow you to hear the characteristic "idling diesel truck" sound.
BB

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
P25 encrypted or clear transmissions will sound the same. Most scanners mute the audio when they detect encrypted transmissions. Monitoring the voice frequencies in a non-trunked mode may allow you to hear the characteristic "idling diesel truck" sound.
BB

The encrypted has the garbled sound similar to what's found in many federal channels. It's the other users of this system that I hear nothing at all. It doesn't even stop on any of the voice channels but I know they are on this system. At least with Provoice, I would hear computer garble but with these, nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.