RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Service Specific Monitoring > Military Monitoring Forum

Military Monitoring Forum - Discussions regarding monitoring military communications on the ground, in air and at sea. Please keep USCG discussion to this forum also.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 6:43 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default milaircomms.com

For those of you who are into monitoring milair frequencies read up. The person who used to own the domain "milaircomms.com" let the webpage go and now the domain is in the hands of a company who buys and sells domains. I'm in talks to get the domain, but before I do I wonder if therte's any real interest in having a website dedicated to milair communications?If you're familiar with David Scheonberger's DC area website, this would be the same kind of thing. A simple site with the listings. I will have the lists in PDF format upload them to the website!! Any suggestions welcome
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2017, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymatt1978 View Post
For those of you who are into monitoring milair frequencies read up. The person who used to own the domain "milaircomms.com" let the webpage go and now the domain is in the hands of a company who buys and sells domains. I'm in talks to get the domain, but before I do I wonder if therte's any real interest in having a website dedicated to milair communications?If you're familiar with David Scheonberger's DC area website, this would be the same kind of thing. A simple site with the listings. I will have the lists in PDF format upload them to the website!! Any suggestions welcome
Guy is probably in jail now thats why the domain name is up. Lot of info about him online if you just do a google search. Had some bad dealings with people. Not sure if you want to take over that name. Maybe come up with your own site name?? Just giving you the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 11:17 AM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

This would be fairly hard (even if worthwhile), since Dave's blog is very regional in scope, while a milcom website would need to be, at least, nationwide.

We have a lot of (admittedly very dated) milcom stuff in our wiki, and the database has numerous milcom related entries. Perhaps building something off of these might be the way to go? Mike
Old 09-14-2017, 11:56 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I for one would be. Could change the name to whatever you want. You would at least have a baseline database, could incorporate the military monitoring/aircraft forums already in place to build it up and have members contribute to build it up further (as we have a nationwide audience). Good luck.

Eugene KG4AVE
Old 09-15-2017, 8:05 AM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Keep in mind we have a huge amount of milcom already in the database, in the form of any military base trunking systems that have been submitted. That's apart from any of the military air show teams such as the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels, which are also in the database

Mike
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2017, 10:02 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default don't forget...

"NOW UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT".

i used to visit the old site just to check what others were currently hearing around me.
it sounds like a great idea.
good luck, jay.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The site is now here: Military Comms Monitoring MilAir Frequencies HF VHF UHF
Old 09-15-2017, 6:31 PM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Unfortunately some of his HF listings are as old as the hills - he has NASA HF freqs that haven't been reported in years (last time they were reported were during the Shuttle era) and his COTHEN stuff is dated 2011. Just be aware of that if you try to use some of his listings. Not too much for the Delmarva area, either.

Mike
Old 09-17-2017, 8:32 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks I will contact him
Old 09-18-2017, 12:01 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Exclamation MilAirComms

A lot of the content that was posted on MilAirComms.com has been reposted on:

HTTP://Air2AirShare.com/MilAircomms

George Fetter (the original owner) went to jail for a while, someone else is reposting original content from MilAir Comms on the the Air2Air/MilAirComms website.

Dan
AI8O
Old 09-18-2017, 5:59 PM

Dan,
George still owns Air2AirShare. He is just laying low. I believe he is behaving because there are probation restrictions on him. When his was convicted of fraud in Feb. 2007 he could not sell tangibles on the Internet (and still was under an alias).

He has wrote at least 4 sites I know of (quickieloan, pet products, wedding-planner & air2airshare front for milaircomms) since his release from jail. Only the quickieloan site is active and had been updated. Registration on the other sites are done Private under Domains By Proxy. The business of the other 3 sites has fizzled and not been updated since very early this year. MilairCons Twitter and Facebook have had no updates since then either. I think his attack on RadioReference on Twitter may have resulted in a warning from the Feds for playing on the Internet.

I think he is alive and well. He has a Sugar-Daddy and living in Orlando.
If you missed what he was in trouble for, this link will show you all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmMUUGcLu7U