trunk settings for local P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutty444

On my BC796D what settings should I put on my trunk frequencies? for example, should I use Plan one, plan 2, or none? what about squelch settings. should I have it set for tone? do you lock out the control channels so the scanner doesnt stop on them? thanks!! I live in St. Paul area

Thanks in advance for your help

Matt

snikliw87

Hi fellow Minnesotan! Great weather we have been having this last week!

On my BC796D what settings should I put on my trunk frequencies? for example, should I use Plan one, plan 2, or none?

No idea, sorry. I use a BCD996T. I assume this is like the option in the BCD996T... Analog Only, Digital Only, or Auto? I set it on Digital Only.

what about squelch settings.
I leave the squelch all the way open. You either recieve digital or not, there is no "static".

should I have it set for tone?
I don't think you can do tones on P25. However, there is a analog patch for the Hennepin County Fire Dispatch that you could run tone on.

do you lock out the control channels so the scanner doesnt stop on them?
No. I program in the control channels and alternate freq's. You don't need to program in the other ones.

Any other questions I will do my best to answer. Thanks Matt

Jake

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
If site 101 is your choice, Plan 1. Squelch in center or if conventional freqs are in bank, set accordingly. No tones and do not lock out Controls. Looks like you only have three for that site.

local487

Plan 1 or 2?

Hi - I was thinking the MN ARMER system was a Plan 2 - for settings in the scanner. I've set mine to use Plan 2 for a few months now and it does receive. -Rob.

kc0net

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I own a BC296D. I have a computer program for the local ARMER system. Bring yours to the scanner meeting and we can program it.
Frank
KC0NET

local487

Rebanding adjustment on BC796D

Has anyone else applied the Uniden firmware update to the BC796D scanner? I just applied mine tonight and it took a while to manually input all the rebanding frequencies (lower & upper limits). I'm wondering if anyone noticed a difference in reception. It's still too early for me to tell and not much radio traffic to listen to at 2am.
I'm in Shakopee and would get a lot of motorboating on the Scott/Carver system prior to the update but received the Hennepin East system very well. Hmmm, weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.