The RadioReference.com Forums

The RadioReference.com Forums (http://forums.radioreference.com/)
-   Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum (http://forums.radioreference.com/minnesota-radio-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Twin Cities/MN scanner programming files (http://forums.radioreference.com/minnesota-radio-discussion-forum/165227-twin-cities-mn-scanner-programming-files.html)

Raven95150 11-23-2009 9:50 PM

Twin Cities/MN scanner programming files
 
Since there have been quite a few people lately having programming problems, I thought it would be a good idea to share some files for anyone to use for programming their scanner.

ARC396 file for BCD396T, includes all metro cities/counties, State Patrol, EMS, MNDOT, and Interop TGs. Also includes the Ancom system used by many towing companies and Life Link III ambulance and helicopter.
filehosting.org - free unlimited filehosting

Same setup for FreeSCAN, works with BCD396T and 996T. I think it will also work with 396XT and 996XT, but not sure.
filehosting.org - free unlimited filehosting

Just to give credit where it's due, this setup started out as the file that used to be available on the MN Metroscan Geocities site. I have modified much of it and added many new systems/talkgoups.

If anyone else has files they would like to share, go ahead and post them here. Make sure to mention what software program the file is for and what scanner(s) it works with.

Hopefully we can make scanning easier and more enjoyable for everyone, especially those picking up a digital scanner for the first time.

zephyrshockey8 11-25-2009 12:23 AM

Here is my file, works with win500 (WIN500 downloadable here:Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control)

SCANNER FILE: upload.p500

Works with GRE PSR-500 PSR-600, RS PRO-106 and PRO-197. File includes all statewide chaanels, 5 county metro area, state patrol, hazmat, private EMS (allina, hcmc, healtheast), st paul, minneapolis, MSP airport frequencies, state patrol helicopter and medical helicopter, department of natural resourceses and both MRCC channels.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I am more than happy to help out. Happy scanning!


P.S.: Less sophisticated win96 file to come soon.

hamelfire 11-27-2009 2:40 PM

How do you guys upload that file? I'll upload my 106 info if I can figure out how

zephyrshockey8 11-27-2009 5:21 PM

You will have to download win500 from this link; Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

Then, plug in your scanner with a serial or usb cable, open the downloaded win500 file in win500 application, then under the scanner tab, click on upload to scanner.

If you get an error, you most likely have the wrong com port selected. Let me know if you get that error I will walk you through on how to fix that.

Raven95150 11-27-2009 6:51 PM

I think he's asking how to upload his file and put it here.

You just need to find a site that does free file hosting. I used filehosting.org but there are many others. Then just follow the directions for uploading on the site and you should get a link that you can copy and paste here in the forum.

Another option would be to zip the file and then you can attach it directly to your post.

zephyrshockey8 11-27-2009 7:07 PM

Oh, duh.. Sorry, read the post too quick. Well, it's there for anyone else now!

dan2125 11-29-2009 5:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyrshockey8 (Post 1203722)
Here is my file, works with win500 (WIN500 downloadable here:Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control)

SCANNER FILE: upload.p500

Works with GRE PSR-500 PSR-600, RS PRO-106 and PRO-197. File includes all statewide chaanels, 5 county metro area, state patrol, hazmat, private EMS (allina, hcmc, healtheast), st paul, minneapolis, MSP airport frequencies, state patrol helicopter and medical helicopter, department of natural resourceses and both MRCC channels.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I am more than happy to help out. Happy scanning!


P.S.: Less sophisticated win96 file to come soon.

Thanks for sharing your file ! Can you give me a brief summary of what it covers. I live in the west metro and like to have that area covered well. Thanks

zephyrshockey8 11-29-2009 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan2125 (Post 1205893)
Thanks for sharing your file ! Can you give me a brief summary of what it covers. I live in the west metro and like to have that area covered well. Thanks

Of course! Basically, there are six systems. One system for each of the five counties (Washington, Ramsey, Hennepin, Dakota, and Anoka) and one system for the Ancom LTR system that LifeLink III uses. Then, the systems are divided into banks.
Bank 1 are all the statewide and regional tactical channels (STAC's, PTAC's, LTAC's, ATAC's, RPOOL's)
Bank 2 are all the local level tactical channels (Firegrounds, T2T, C2C)
Bank 3 is everything relating to Washington County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, Wash Co C2C's)
Bank 4 is everything relating to Ramsey County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, RPOOL's)
Bank 5 is everything relating to Hennepin County
Bank 6 is everything relating to Dakota County
Bank 7 is everything relating to Anoka County
Bank 8 is the department of public safety (State Patrol, State Patrol Tac's, MN HAZMAT, Fire Marshall)
Bank 9 is all of the private EMS stuff (Allina, HCMC, HealthEast, North Ambulance)
Bank 10 is just White Bear Lake (This can be changed, this is one of my personal preferences)
Bank 11 is just Saint Paul and their tac channels
Bank 12 is just Minneapolis and their tac channels
Bank 13 is all the airport stuff. (Airport police, Airport fire, Airport security, Maintenance)
Bank 14 are wildcards. (Pick up everything even if not programmed into the scanner)
Bank 15 are all my metro fire tacs and mains (This can be changed, again my personal prefernce)
Bank 16 is every fire related channel in the metro. (every fire main, every fire tac)
Bank 17 are helicopters (LifeLink III helicopter, North aircare and state patrol helicopter)
Bank 18 is the department of natural resources channels
Bank 19 are T2T and C2C channels
Bank 20 are MRCC channels

If talkgroups fit into more than one bank, they go in both. Any talkgroup that could be found regionally like statewides, MRCC, wildcards, they go into every system, therefore allowing it to be picked up on any tower. Talkgroups that are specific to a county (sheriff mains, police mains, fire mains) are only placed in the system that corresponds to their location. For example, Saint Paul is only placed in the Ramsey County system, therefore can only be picked up on Ramsey County towers.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I would also be willing to change some of the stuff for you if you like. Let me know what you want included and I will put it in there for you. Thanks!

turtle16 11-30-2009 1:04 PM

Is there anyway i could get any of you make a win500 file of Carver Anoka hennepin Ramsey and Scott police and fire i just cant figure it out this would be for the pro 106. Thank you. and state patrol

zephyrshockey8 11-30-2009 1:50 PM

Sure. I can do that when I get home. It will be on by the end of the night.

dan2125 11-30-2009 4:16 PM

Thanks for the info. I will go forward from here.

dan2125 11-30-2009 4:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyrshockey8 (Post 1206035)
Of course! Basically, there are six systems. One system for each of the five counties (Washington, Ramsey, Hennepin, Dakota, and Anoka) and one system for the Ancom LTR system that LifeLink III uses. Then, the systems are divided into banks.
Bank 1 are all the statewide and regional tactical channels (STAC's, PTAC's, LTAC's, ATAC's, RPOOL's)
Bank 2 are all the local level tactical channels (Firegrounds, T2T, C2C)
Bank 3 is everything relating to Washington County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, Wash Co C2C's)
Bank 4 is everything relating to Ramsey County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, RPOOL's)
Bank 5 is everything relating to Hennepin County
Bank 6 is everything relating to Dakota County
Bank 7 is everything relating to Anoka County
Bank 8 is the department of public safety (State Patrol, State Patrol Tac's, MN HAZMAT, Fire Marshall)
Bank 9 is all of the private EMS stuff (Allina, HCMC, HealthEast, North Ambulance)
Bank 10 is just White Bear Lake (This can be changed, this is one of my personal preferences)
Bank 11 is just Saint Paul and their tac channels
Bank 12 is just Minneapolis and their tac channels
Bank 13 is all the airport stuff. (Airport police, Airport fire, Airport security, Maintenance)
Bank 14 are wildcards. (Pick up everything even if not programmed into the scanner)
Bank 15 are all my metro fire tacs and mains (This can be changed, again my personal prefernce)
Bank 16 is every fire related channel in the metro. (every fire main, every fire tac)
Bank 17 are helicopters (LifeLink III helicopter, North aircare and state patrol helicopter)
Bank 18 is the department of natural resources channels
Bank 19 are T2T and C2C channels
Bank 20 are MRCC channels

If talkgroups fit into more than one bank, they go in both. Any talkgroup that could be found regionally like statewides, MRCC, wildcards, they go into every system, therefore allowing it to be picked up on any tower. Talkgroups that are specific to a county (sheriff mains, police mains, fire mains) are only placed in the system that corresponds to their location. For example, Saint Paul is only placed in the Ramsey County system, therefore can only be picked up on Ramsey County towers.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I would also be willing to change some of the stuff for you if you like. Let me know what you want included and I will put it in there for you. Thanks!

If you could change bank 10 to Champlin Mn police and fire only I would be very grateful.

zephyrshockey8 11-30-2009 9:52 PM

Turtle, this file is yours: carver scott co.p500

Bank 1 is statewide
Bank 2 are tac channels
Bank 3 is carver co
Bank 4 is ramsey Co
Bank 5 is hennepin co
Bank 6 is scott co
Bank 7 is anoka co
Bank 8 is state patrol
Bank 9 is private EMS
Bank 10 is Airport stuff
Bank 11 is St Paul
Bank 12 is minneapolis
Bank 13 are wildcards
Bank 14 is master fire
Bank 15 are helicopters
Bank 16 is MRCC.

Let me know if you would like any changes.

zephyrshockey8 11-30-2009 9:52 PM

and Dan, this file is yours: champlin bank 10.p500

Dan, just a heads up, the only talkgroups that Champlin uses exclusively are the Car-to-Car channels and for fire a Truck-to-Truck channel. I put the police and fire mains that champlin uses in that bank as well. If you only want the C2C and T2T channels in bank 10, let me know and I will change it back for you.

local487 12-01-2009 5:36 AM

Error Message
 
I'm getting an error message when trying to 'open' the carver/scott.p500 file. It states my version of the software is older than the file created so I must upgrade.

I really like using PSREdit software so I downloaded the free 30-day evaluation software of Win500. How can I load this new file onto the evaluation copy?

Thanks,
Rob

zephyrshockey8 12-01-2009 8:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by local487 (Post 1207017)
I'm getting an error message when trying to 'open' the carver/scott.p500 file. It states my version of the software is older than the file created so I must upgrade.

I really like using PSREdit software so I downloaded the free 30-day evaluation software of Win500. How can I load this new file onto the evaluation copy?

Thanks,
Rob

If you have downloaded the evaluation copy of win500, all you should have to do is save the carver/scott.500 file to your computer (I reccommend the desktop, it will be easier to find), then open the win500 evaluation program, and in win500, open the carver/scott.500 file. Let me know if that works!

local487 12-01-2009 11:23 AM

Still Error Message
 
Ok, it was MY mistake.

I tried to download the file WITHOUT going through the MediaFire storage site. Whoops.

I did it the right way by clicking on the link which took me to the download area on MediaFire and it works just fine.

Thanks for the file!
Radio Rob
Dispatcher, Scott Co.

turtle16 12-02-2009 8:15 PM

Thank you so much for making that for me.

Raven95150 12-05-2009 10:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was informed that the original files I posted didn't include all of the data so here they are in zip form.

dan2125 12-10-2009 4:03 PM

Is there a way to merge what I have programed into my pro 106 with the file you have?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger