Duluth / St. Louis County

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

I haven't been up to Duluth enough to figure it all out and I'm wondering if any of you guys could help me.

I know Duluth PD uses channel 1 & 3 quite often but not channel 2. Is there any reason for this??

I have yet to hear a Sheriff transmission in Duluth. I've got the following:
Sheriff North 158.655 CSQ
Sheriff South 158.775 173.8
Sheriff 155.640 173.8
Sheriff Tac 155.775 CSQ

Am I missing something here?

box23

I haven't been up to Duluth enough to figure it all out and I'm wondering if any of you guys could help me.

I know Duluth PD uses channel 1 & 3 quite often but not channel 2. Is there any reason for this??

I have yet to hear a Sheriff transmission in Duluth. I've got the following:
Sheriff North 158.655 CSQ
Sheriff South 158.775 173.8
Sheriff 155.640 173.8
Sheriff Tac 155.775 CSQ

Am I missing something here?

The channels as shown in the database, Duluth PD 1, 2, and 3, are used in the following way.

Channel 1 is the main dispatch channel for Duluth City Police.
Channel 2 is an alternate dispatch for Duluth Police and I believe can be used between both Duluth and Superior Police for interoperability on major incidents. This channel has much wider coverage than channel 1.
Channel 3 is the county dispatch channel. Proctor and Hermantown Police are dispatched on this channel along with the South Sheriff units and Rescue Squad.

I don't remember exactly what frequency, but the input frequency for the Duluth Fire repeaters is a .775. Your Sheriff North frequency is correct, but that is used by Midway Dispatch for the Northern 2/3 or so of the county.

It is best to monitor the county law and fire channels in CSQ or tone search mode if possible as each repeater uses it's own individual output tone. Tones for the Duluth tower are Law: 173.8 Hz and Fire: 131.8 Hz.

tvdxer

South St. Louis County sheriff transmissions take place on 155.415 MHz.

However, you still aren't likely to hear much on that frequency, other than traffic stops and sign-ons, and the occasional "I sent that to your screen". St. Louis County is probably the most ardent user of mobile data computers in the Twin Ports, and other agencies are unfortunately following them. To our discontent, most of the "juicy stuff" is now sent directly to the squad's computer. With the rising use of MDCs, Duluth has become something of a scanning desert.

box23

I don't remember exactly what frequency, but the input frequency for the Duluth Fire repeaters is a .775.

Oops. Like I said, I didn't remember exactly. I finally found the other license, WPIQ880, that seems to be used in tandem with KAP965. The input is actually 153.77 MHz.

I've tried a couple times to look at all the licenses for the county and figure out exactly what these other frequencies are used for, but haven't quite got it, yet. Though this should be a moot point when the county goes to ARMER eventually. By the way, has anyone heard or seen some type of time line or just a date as to when they will be switching?

However, you still aren't likely to hear much on that frequency, other than traffic stops and sign-ons, and the occasional "I sent that to your screen". St. Louis County is probably the most ardent user of mobile data computers in the Twin Ports, and other agencies are unfortunately following them. To our discontent, most of the "juicy stuff" is now sent directly to the squad's computer. With the rising use of MDCs, Duluth has become something of a scanning desert.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "juicy stuff," but only so much can actually be sent over a computer. For any type of big incident most all the traffic is over the air. I would agree with you that most everyday, routine traffic is handled over MDC, but I wouldn't call that "juicy," either.

northscan23

Whether or not calls are aired seemsd to depend on either if the officers are in their car or if it is a serious incident in progres(big fights,robberies, some domestics or person with weapons etc..).

sfd119

I understand that, I was just trying to figure out the channels in use as the DB is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.