BCD396XT / BCD996XT Firmware Update On ARMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As many here may already know, the BCD396XT / BCD996XT firmware update has been released. I am just wondering if anybody here has done it yet and, if so, does it make any difference monitoring the ARMER system?

WX0BPR

Let me rephrase that.... will let you know as soon as I can get on there site to download it..... one would figure an outfit the size of uniden would have enough server and bandwidth to lets us get a firmware update LOL...

Need to get back to that forum to see how many boat anchors the super geniuses have turned there scanners into LOL

WX0BPR

KC, shoot me your email, and I'll send it to you.

Thanks man, found it here: BCD996XT : BCD996XT
I think you need to be a member to get.
Has the installer as well, this is my first Uniden firmware upgrade, but if one can read, its pretty easy to do LOL.

What do you think? Any help on your reception? I am on the Sherburne/Enfield simulcast for the most part, which at times has awful breakups and what not and is a prime example of what this update should fix. Using UPMans 11 and 50 settings...giving it a test drive, to early to tell, did not make it worse at any rate. My nighttime reception is usually better than daytime anyway.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
What do you think? Any help on your reception?

Honestly, I'm waiting to install it... I want to hear what others have say. (Or at least figure out the settings/values so I don't have to experiment as much :) ) But I'll probably give in before the end of the night LOL!

bernietr

Installed this morning

Not as easy as 1.04
I got a communication error using COM 3. I know that is a good port.
I had to tell the installer to use COM 5 I have never been able to use that port but I worked.
Also I had to stand the radio on its side so I could turn on and press L/O & 6.
I do think my reception may have improved.

WX0BPR

I am highly satisfied with what I am hearing us UPMan stock settings of 11 and 50, its worked nicely enough I have not experimented other values. I will check my error rates, I put more stock in how it sounds, although I used to get some high ones at times. Probably was getting 60 good 40 bad transmissions before. Now its 90/10 or better first thing this morning. Time will tell more, but better is good.

sfd119

Anyone have a link to the release notes to see what the Firmware update has to offer compared to the old one??

mrkelso

I didn't have any complaints
I did the latest update
I still don't have any complaints
:)

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
decodes better but i am missing transmissions now, which i did not before. i might downgrade unless i can fix it?

WX0BPR

decodes better but i am missing transmissions now, which i did not before. i might downgrade unless i can fix it?

Hmmm that sux, I am loving it, Which sites you scanning?
I think my more distant sites do not come in as well, read below, however the one I want to works great (Sherburne/Enfield, which has always had full signal strength but poor decodes)

My former problem was I used to Scan Anoka, Henn West and Enfield/Shurburne, Sherburne being closest and Full signal on meter, when I lived in east ER I put the ATT on Sherburne and this gave me good result (better results) I then moved to the other side of town and this no longer worked so I took ATT off and in all reality I could decode Anoka and Henn W better than my closer site.

My 106 did much better than the Uniden, which drove me bonkers, I basically think the 996 sensitivity is so much better than the 106's causing the problem.
Now its all good.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
wright and sherburne on 851.850. i live right by the otsego waterpark

JASII

Memory Capacity
BCD396XT/BCD996XT Firmware Update On ARMER

So, so the people here in Minnesota listening on ARMER, it sounds like it is questionable if this helps at all then?

WX0BPR

And for me its like a totally new radio... I went from 50-60 percent "clear" transmissions to 95+ percent??

And NDO and I are monitoring same system and live, guessing here, less than 5 miles from each other..... of course when i lived 5 miles on the other side of town I had less issues too.... but the update has my Uniden working better than my Rat Shack (as it should be).
I guess if you are not having simulcast issues, do not apply it, if you are like I was..... Do IT LOL.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
RWZ there is a net tomoro on the Elk river repeater (7:30pm). after that it would be interesting to chat about scanners. would that work for you

WX0BPR

RWZ there is a net tomoro on the Elk river repeater (7:30pm). after that it would be interesting to chat about scanners. would that work for you

LOL sure, If I am in town, I am the ARES member that religiously misses Nets's and meetings, but will try as I do NOT have to be in Iowa tomorrow for the first time in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.