Units Identifying With City/County Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I hear Scott County units identifying as "Skakopee xxxx" and Washington County identifying as "Woodbury xxx". What other units on ARMER are identifying this way for routine communications? I realize that for mutual aid/interoperability this would be the correct protocol, but I am just wondering what other units are identifying this way for day-to-day communications.

Bigmack630

This is basically a change that probably be coming down the pipeline for most of Minnesota. In accordance to the ARMER Standards "Plain Language" shall be used on Regional and State TG's and instead of having to make sure you are using Plain Language on the Regional and State TG's and not on your local leval alot of Counties are implimenting it on a Local level also. I know Carver County Fire departements are Calling in, in that type of manner also. It also has to do with being NIMS compliant which is is another "Form" or "Standard" for/of interoperability.

n9upc

Washington Co started this way back in 2010 as they had multiple units on different channels with numerious numbers.

An example is Woodbury PD is 6xx units with reserves and part time medics in the 16xx. While fire units are 22xx and maybe on the FD or PD channel depending on function within the dept.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Will Wright and Sherburne counties be switching to this method?

Status
Not open for further replies.