RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum

Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Minnesota.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 12:37 AM

Question Minneapolis City Center Simulcast Site

Is this site down? I'm not hearing anything out of Henn Co? I can usually hear it just fine?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM

I see a good signal strength for the City Center Site here Saint Louis Park. Just heard Bloomington PD, Minneapolis FD / PD, and Hennepin County Law Enforcement.
Old 11-27-2012, 2:45 PM

Yeah? Wierd? I'll have to check it later. I was getting full signal and it indicated it was recieving trunking data on my radio.. Odd.
Old 03-04-2013, 1:07 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default I agree

I have noticed this site does not always have every channel repeated. I have noticed since moving to Minneapolis last August they only transmit certain talk groups some of the time. For instance I will be listening to Minneapolis fire on their simulcast but will not pick them up on the city center simulcast. They go first alarm on a building fire and immediately I will start hearing them on the city center simulcast on their fire3. And I really would rather listen on the CC Simulcast because its a much better signal to where I am. I have also noticed this with the Hennepin county fire as well, no fire main but when they go to fire 3 and 4 it comes in both on Hennepin East and the City Center. I am having a hard time figuring out which to listen to so I basically have my whole scanner duplicated to scan all my Talkgroups on the City Center as well as their home simulcast.

I am curious what you guys are listening to on the City Center Simulcast and how reliable it has been for you or if you have seen any patterns because I am baffled.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sounds like their radios could affiliating between the 2 sites depending on reception they are getting on scene. And can depend on if patching is being put in place as well for certain talkgroups.

Last edited by dwgelle; 03-08-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2013, 12:10 PM

I know this is a little off topic but does anyone have a good .p500 for the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area. I just want a good .p500 from someone who lives in the area so I can store it in my v folder for when I'm in the area.