control Freq's order relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjcoll

Premium Subscriber
I am using ARC XT pro & RR database to program a 396XT.
when I load in the TG's for Mpls PD, the TG's & the Alpha tags aren't in ascending order.
the scanner works just fine like that, but if I stop the scan & want to direct "tune" VIA the volume knob then the TG's I want aren't in order.
If I go in the software, & I change them to be in order, then the radio doesn't seem to work proper??
ie:
2958---MPLS 3
2954---MPLS 1
2960---MPLS 4
2962---MPLS 5 ====this is how SW loads
if I were to change so it'd be ascending then it doesn't work??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I love the ability of the newer radios, but miss the ease of the conventionals!! LOL
I'm sure that I've only begun to figure-out the capabilites of this unit.

thx again, Matt

mjcoll

Premium Subscriber
took me a pair of seconds after posting that it isn't the control freq's , but the TGID's!!

I wouldn't think that'd matter, but what do I know???

Ex. if I'm scanning, then hear a help call on 3, or all call, & I want to flip to 2, (channel help is requested on) then I have to rotate quite a bit instead of just a click or two...seems small but I thought it odd

Last edited:

JoeyC

I'm not sure why your re-ordering is not working. I do exactly that, I reorder my talkgroups based on their logical order (1,2,3,4,5 etc) and often this means taking them out of Talkgroup sequential order.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I capitalize and re-order ALL my TGs using FreeScan in several different DMA scanners, and have never had the problem you describe.

I had ARC years ago and dumped it. You might try to save the changes before you upload it.

I remember that BCTool would not save re-ordered TGs at all. I dumped it too.

Never had a problem with FreeScan.

I currently have 65 systems in my BCD396XT.

Last edited:

mjcoll

Premium Subscriber
Well I'm pretty sure the problem is that mostly I don't have a clue what I'm doing!! lol!!
It didn't make sense to me , so I loaded two systems identical, then re-ordered one, but then that one didn't scan proper??

but then lately when I open ARC it had an update, so I updated on my desktop, now it won't find/see my scanner-yet if I open ARC on my laptop & don't update it see the scanner, but re-order still is trouble...
Maybe I just try the FreeScan sw. & see what happens...?
I appreciate your feedback, both of you!! : )
I'll post back in a couple days my results, I need to get to bed!! been playing with this since just before midnight/now 3:30AM
Thx again!
Matt

JoeyC

Yes I use FreeScan too, its great. I have used an ARC product (for my 796/785) and I find it somewhat cumbersome compared to the other choices out there for programming software.

JoeyC

I couldn't care less about scan speed. I need my scanners programmed in a manner that I can find what I am looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.