Dakota County Fire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBWayzata

Premium Subscriber
So I have recently started listening to Dakota county fire. They have the east and west dispatches and then a number of Fire grounds as well, then I noticed that all the fire departments on this system have their own OPS channels and not "Truck to Truck" channels. I heard a call go out today in Burnsville for a working structure fire and I assumed they would assign one of Dakota counties fire grounds but never heard anything out of any of them until I added Burnsville Fire OPS3 and I got all the conversations.

So do any of the Dakota County Fire departments actually use the Dakota County Fire Grounds or only their designated Ops channels.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
The County fireground channels are typically used for mutual aid situations. For example, if Burnsville had a fire where they had called for mutual aid from Apple Valley and Lakeville, they would use the County fireground so they can all communicate. If it's just Burnsville on the fire, they just use their city ops channel.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

JBWayzata

Premium Subscriber
Well that is what I thought, but today burnsville went 2nd alarm on a fire and stayed on their OPS and I didn't receive them on any county fire ground.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
They probably had Burnsville's ops channel patched with the County fireground channel. Sometimes when channels are patched, you'll only pick up one of the patched channels on your scanner.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.