RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum

Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Minnesota.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 8:09 PM

Default Question - Trunking Tables

I am wondering if someone can explain to me something regarding trunking tables.

Back story: When i purchased my RS 197, they simply cloned mine with a display model and everything works fine. However now that i am using WIN500 and the RR database to customize my lists i am not sure when to use different trunking table entry's.

Presently i have the same trunking tables entry's for all of my lists and i primarily focus on the ARMER P25 system..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LO.........HI.........OFFSET.........BASE FREQ.........STEP
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O..........4095.......0...................851.0062 50............6.25
4096......8191.......4096.............762.006250.. ...........6.25

How do i know when & if i should use different trunking tables entry's?
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

That is used for all armer sites etc. It all comes through the control channel so there is nothing to mess with....
Old 05-10-2013, 7:09 PM

Then why is it if i add the object ID's and CC's manually or import them via RR, the trunking tables in WIN500 are empty and nothing can be heard when scanning? But if i put the above mentioned entry's into the trunking table, then it works.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Database Admin

I guess i dont remember having to add them to win 500 ?? You cant add those tables to the armer page on rr so i dont know what else to tell you....
Old 05-11-2013, 1:25 PM
Database Admin

Ok i tested it out.. If you set the sys type to p25 auto in win 500 then send the file to the 197 and let it scan a few min. It adds the tables to the 197 and starts working correctly. If u then run the file back to win 500 the tables are present in win 500...
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2013, 8:12 PM

OK i performed the same method as you described and it does indeed seem to auto insert the TT's. I have a lot yet to learn but this is definitely a step forward for me. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-11-2013, 8:57 PM

Those T-Tables are pretty much the standard ones that most systems use for P25. If you listen to a talkgroup and it trunks over to another frequency and you hear nothing, then you have the wrong T-Tables programmed in. Also if you have the wrong ones you probably will hear nothing. That is more or less the programming that tells the scanner or radios what frequency to go to when they unkey and rekey the mic. Also I know of one system that refuses to auto program the T-Tables on some scanners just in case you run into that problem.
Old 05-11-2013, 9:47 PM
Database Admin

GLAD YOU GOT IT FIGURED OUT....