RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum

Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Minnesota.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 6:37 PM

It came down on com 4. I still don't understand any of it. Maybe I should check with Radio Shack to see how much they would charge me to set it up for my area..
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2013, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgateblvd View Post
It came down on com 4. I still don't understand any of it. Maybe I should check with Radio Shack to see how much they would charge me to set it up for my area..
I f your'e using THe USB cable from RS .. Take the 3" pigtail off.. I is NOT needed
Old 06-12-2013, 7:40 PM

There isn't one on it. I downloaded the free software. I was following what the youtube in the help pages were saying. I got my State, and County. I did the import, and was going to do that trunking part, but said the import part was done. Now I don't know where it went, or how to get it back to download it to the scanner. The scanner plug I am using is a 20-047. I got a window that said not to use the stereo cable. I hit this com3 that showed up and there was nothing there. I hit the com4 and it went threw. Now I don't know if I should buy that software or not. I can turn it on now, and get the railroad. That is not what I want. When I figure out how to get to public safety I can't figure out how to add the numbers so I can scan them.
Old 06-12-2013, 7:51 PM
Mid-MI DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

nevermind

Last edited by Ronaldski; 06-12-2013 at 8:11 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 8:01 PM

I have a Radio Shack Pro 106. The plug I have for it is a interface cable. Cat. No. 20-047. I have plugged it in. That is not the problem. Using that software package I kept going back and forth between the you tube help video and the software on my computer. I did the State, and County, and got the channels that I wanted. I pressed import. Now I have no idea just where the heck they are. I can go back to that site, but it won't let me back in. No sence hooking the plug to the scanner when I can't find what I want to download to it. Now I am not sure if I bought the software if it would open again or not.. Now what..
I went to the free chat at the radio shack site to see how much it would cost me for them to set it up. All the guy wanted to know was what was my protection plan numbers..
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2013, 8:10 PM
Mid-MI DB Admin
Database Admin

I guess I was confused the thread title is for pro 96 I assumed you had that and not a 106.
So yeah the cable end should have a double black ring on it then for a 106.

What software are you using?
Old 06-12-2013, 8:15 PM

No rings on it. I did get it to work. I did put some software into the scanner using this plug. I just can't figure out where that import went to, and how to get it back??
Old 06-12-2013, 8:26 PM
Mid-MI DB Admin
Database Admin

Again - What software are you using? I keep seeing references to I installed-downloaded the software, if we knew what software your using we could better help. I use PSR Edit 500.
Old 06-12-2013, 8:38 PM

Radio Shack free software, and another member sent me software to enable that plug, because the software that came with it only goes up to windows XP. I have windows 7.
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2013, 8:58 PM
Mid-MI DB Admin
Database Admin

I use windows 7 and the same drivers mentioned earlier - no problems.

Look at Radio Shack Scanner Programming Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki
and the video tutorials especially the 3rd one is where 'I believe' you are at. Cant go full screen with that one, so for the 3rd video to go full screen at RadioShack Scanner Programming Video 3 by Scanner Master - YouTube

the last video to go full screen is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dEdgJ13hxF4

Last edited by Ronaldski; 06-12-2013 at 9:00 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 9:07 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgateblvd View Post
Radio Shack free software, and another member sent me software to enable that plug, because the software that came with it only goes up to windows XP. I have windows 7.
Look at the software on the computer, on the side there should be Object Browser... Look under Trunked Systems and Talkgroups, if there is numbers next to that then you have your talkgroups and control channels in.
Old 06-12-2013, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryolsen8 View Post
Look at the software on the computer, on the side there should be Object Browser... Look under Trunked Systems and Talkgroups, if there is numbers next to that then you have your talkgroups and control channels in.
Went to all of them.. Nothing there. I guess the only way I can use that free software again is to buy it.. It won't open now. Wants my user name, and password. I can't put in the State, or County any more. I tried looking on the scanner to see if anything was downloaded onto the scanner.. I screwed everything up, so I again brought it back to factory default settings.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Re: Rebanding Pro 96

Not meaning to sound rude... my local radio shack gave me a card to a guy that programmed my scanner (pro-96) for $30. I sat there with him and got to ask questions. Might have saved you 12 days of frustration. And maybe another 12 days. When I had other issues, I had people send me an updated file and I was able to do it my self since I had watched it before. Sorry if this doesn't help.
Jeff

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-13-2013, 6:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwc553911 View Post
Not meaning to sound rude... my local radio shack gave me a card to a guy that programmed my scanner (pro-96) for $30. I sat there with him and got to ask questions. Might have saved you 12 days of frustration. And maybe another 12 days. When I had other issues, I had people send me an updated file and I was able to do it my self since I had watched it before. Sorry if this doesn't help.
Jeff

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I will do that today. Today is my day off for the week. Otherwise It is getting so frustrating that I was almost ready to place it on ebay and say forget about listening to a scanner..
Old 06-13-2013, 9:36 AM
Mid-MI DB Admin
Database Admin

See if there is someone near you in the forums to see if you can do scanner programming date. Seek out a local ham radio club? I could program it but being two states apart...for someone apparently wanting to learn programming having it done for you, you would rather be present to see how it goes and learn.
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2013, 11:58 AM

With the amount of time I would have to play with it. Which is near none. All I want to be able to do is turn it on and hear public safety, and road crews. Railroads, and boats in the Lake Superior my Wife and I have no interest. After a while when I start getting more time to read the book.. Then I would play with it, but for now We just want to hear the Police calls.
Old 06-13-2013, 3:19 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Just find a guy that will let you watch, and or ask questions. It helped me. Worth the $30 for me.
Old 06-13-2013, 3:21 PM

Problem solved. I talked to one of the people that work at our area Radio Shack. He cloned this 106 with his computer. I now have a bunch of channels. Just not sure what they all are. I had to buy new batteries though. $`18.00. Well worth it to have the scanner back.. Thanks for all of your help.

Ryolsen8. If you sent me that feed or whatever with all of St. Louis County on it.. How would I know if they were already on it??