RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum

Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Minnesota.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 3:12 PM

I guess I am not that involved in all of this. I just want to hear the police calls, and if anything is happening at the hospital where I work.
I do have just the handheld 106. We carry it from the house to the swing in tbe yard or I bring it out to the garage when I am working on the car.
Sponsored links

Old 06-16-2013, 3:28 PM

Default Antenna help

I moved my HP to a different part of the house, and my reception is much better now. It's not 100% but its better. I had it about 6 feet up in a window, and pretty much stoped hearing everything. I moved it lower to my tv stand and it improved greatly. I'm scanning Duluth Simulcast PD, Fire, Gold Cross and SP. This whole digital ARMER thing can be tricky.
Old 06-16-2013, 5:26 PM

It can work inside the house, as i tested mine indoors last winter. a great place would be an attic. the best way is to set it up so you can rotate it around a little and peak it in by programming all of the voice channels into your scanner as conventional channels and move it back and forth untill you get all 5 of them clearly then lock it down and you should be good to go, My yagi worked perfect outside unless the antenna got heavy snow on it which messed it up untill the snow blew off it, so the attic idea would probably prevent that issue.
Old 06-16-2013, 5:31 PM

Well I see that ATT button. Do I have to push func. first then the ATT??, or just press the ATT button??
Old 06-16-2013, 5:50 PM

just push it, push it again to turn it off
Sponsored links

Old 06-16-2013, 7:12 PM

I pushed it in, and my signal kind of went away. I pushed it again to turn it off, and it seems to be working a little better. Something gets strange here. My Wife and I were just outside with it on the swing. works ok. Bring it back in and plug it back in and get a message that the batteries are low and need recharging. I unplug the power cord and plug it back in. Message is still there. Turn it off and on, and the message is gone. Batteries are brand new rechargables..
Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 PM

That is typical for that unit, i would make sure its always turned off before plugging or unplugging that scanner.
Old 06-17-2013, 6:14 AM

Ok. Will do.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:15 AM

Just a thought while home could you not put up an ST2 out side and plug into it while at home. I live in Carlton county and have a base 996Xt and have no problems getting Duluth or for that matter most of ST Louis county.
Sponsored links