North Shore ARMER Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

box23

I was up the North Shore over the weekend and noticed a few changes to the system.

As noted in the database the Lake County simulcast is now active and provides very good coverage even with a scanner. I had a few issues and was only able to gather a little information, but it appears the majority of the sites have been consolidated into either the Lake County or Cook County simulcasts.

The Southwest Cook County simulcast sites appear to have been included in the consolidation as the Cook County simulcast reports site 5-46 (Lake County) as the only neighboring site.

At this time I believe it would be safe to remove the southern Lake County sites along the shore from the database.

Cook County appears to now have completed the switch to ARMER. Paging is entirely on 152.0075, still including the hospital paging from last year, and there is no longer routine activity on the former Fire/EMS channel (155.925) although the equipment is still online.

Fire/EMS call volume was unusually low for the weekend from previous years, but it appears the "Dispatch 1-5" talkgroups are used as pool channels for incidents similar to Carlton County.

kc0rzw

I'll be heading over there next month, so two harbors and the rest of them down by the shore are all on lake simulcast then? It would be nice to update before I head over.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
I should have asked you about 5-046 also i see the acc is needed there too thanx !!

box23

I'll be heading over there next month, so two harbors and the rest of them down by the shore are all on lake simulcast then? It would be nice to update before I head over.

Couple tips for your trip:

Lake County has a full-time patch between TG 38013 and the "old" multicast Law system. I confirmed the Two Harbors and Finland repeaters were still online and using the same CTCSS/DCS as in the database on this site.

I'm not sure now, but I think Silver Bay was still active also. Might want to double check. I can confirm nothing was heard on Isabella with tone 167.9 so a possible tone change or taken offline. Also heard nothing on 155.19 T167.9 which was always separate anyway. I'm not sure if it is used for something else or not.

Superior National Forest is definitely using 170.525 as posted last year, but I only heard field units talking to dispatch. I was listening in CSQ but using a scanner showed an output tone of 167.9 at one point. That may only be a single repeater output.

The field units I did hear did not specify if different repeaters were being used but I had very solid mobile coverage along the shore and portable in Grand Marais. I did not listen on the input frequency reported in the wiki to see if I could hear dispatch.

Maybe you can get more straightened out while you're there.

kc0rzw

Cool, usually only listen to patrol and the locals when traveling. Usually don't get time to do much searching, or even listening. But if the weather doesn't cooperate I may have some time to do some searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.