Automated dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

squad1b

I see on the dadtabase that Ramsey county has an automated dispatch does anyone have anymore info.like when thet paln to use it??

Scott

JASII

Memory Capacity
Automated Dispatch

There has been some discussion on the local news media about the upgrade to Ramsey County ECC. Google it and you will likely find your answer. I think it will be soon, like sometime this spring.

squad1b

RAmsey co ECC

thanks for the info I have one more question is ramsey county going to use Phase 2 with the upgrades or are they staying with phase 1 ??

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
It would seem at this point a sticky thread on phase 2 would be a good idea. It seems to come up every so often in random threads.

johnmoe1

I wonder which of these is true:
1) The clock on the computer handling the automated dispatch is set a couple of minutes slow.
2) The time spoken is the time the time the entry was started or something.
3) something else

The time time difference is very consistently right around 2.5 minutes, so 2 seems unlikely to me.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I wonder which of these is true:
1) The clock on the computer handling the automated dispatch is set a couple of minutes slow.
2) The time spoken is the time the time the entry was started or something.
3) something else

The time time difference is very consistently right around 2.5 minutes, so 2 seems unlikely to me.

If they are using Locution the dispatch goes to the station first over IP. This is what allows up to 20 runs to be dispatched simultaneously. The actual radio transmission may be a little later.

Columbus uses Locution and I have seen trucks pull up to the scene and the run is just now coming over their radio.

mrmeowmittens

Premium Subscriber
I think the time is off, they just dispatched on a sick person and they radioed about 90 seconds later on the ops channel assigned that they where in route.

johnmoe1

I agree. It is VERY consistent. The time spoken is the time 2 minutes and 14 seconds before the transmission begins. If the transmission begins < 14 seconds after the start of the minute, the time spoken with be (current minute - 3), otherwise (current minute - 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.