What Is The Absolute Most Remote ARMER Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I was ATVing in some pretty remote areas today and that got me wondering if anybody happens to know what the most remote ARMER site is? Or, perhaps asking it in a different way, how many miles away from an ARMER site can an end user be and still have good communications?

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
ARMER Tower Site's

If you follow this link: https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/ecn/programs/armer/Documents/ARMER Site Map 2014-02-01.pdf

That is a map of the current system tower's in throughout the state. It seems to be updated somewhat regularly, as much as you can update it, as the whole state it in good spirits.

As far as the part about being xx distance, etc. I am 3 miles from my Comm Center, and get CRAP reception... I quit trying to putz around with it, and just use my VHF pager...

blue5011

With any system there are bound to be a dead spot or two. But when I had my outdoor antenna's up, I could receive 8-10 sites. That being said, IF there are any areas lacking, I would say it would be around Ely and the BWCA. People for/ against cell phone towers have been going round and round there for years for better cell access. Maybe the state (ARMER) folks just put the towers up in the right places and called it a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.