146.7 Minneapolis Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgruber

I just bought a XTS 2500 and i'm trying to program the 146.7 repeater and was wondering if this repeater requires a talk group or dose the NAC just has to be correct? Dose conventional P25 even use talk groups?

dgruber

Well that sucks I just bought it a couple of weeks ago and now it's being discontinued. :(

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

JASII

Memory Capacity
According to the Minnesota Repeater Council, yes.

http://www.mrc.gen.mn.us/MN_List.pdf

-- 8K10F1E - P25 P1 C4FM Voice --

MINNEAPOLIS ME 146.70000 WC0HC HC RACES $293 O E PL127.3 P25/NAC293 09/06/16

MANKATO SC 443.65000 K2KLN WA2OFZ $555 O E PL 114.8 NAC555 08/25/15

COON RAPIDS ME 444.40000 KD0ORH KD0ORH $293 O E 04/16/16

While I can't say that I am not disappointed, because I am, but I do get it. Frankly, the various digital modes for amateur radio is both a curse and a blessing. I was talking with a fellow ham about this very thing this afternoon during my drive home from work. I get how System Fusion is a Yaesu amateur radio mode and Death-Star is an Icom amateur radio mode. At this point, I would love to see Yaesu announce at Dayton 2017 that they will have dual band radios with BOTH System Fusion AND DMR. Just having two digital modes would be huge. Icom could do the same thing. They could have dual band radios with BOTH Death-Star AND DMR.

SCPD

QRT
The P25 portion of 146.7000 is scheduled to be retired on October 29, 2016. With no plans to continue P25.

Doesn't surprise. me. I don't think I have heard any P25 on that repeater. When Yaesu offered their System Fusion repeaters to amateur clubs back then for $500, I don't know if they purchased one and that seems to be the new defacto standard digital transmissions. A dual format would be great, DMR and System Fusion modes. I was going to purchase a VHF XTS2500 for any good P25 repeaters in the Metro but I am holding off. I could use it to passively monitor WISCOM but I don't go through Wisconsin as much anymore so I am waiting. I like the poster who called D-STAR, death star!. :)

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand from listening to K9EQ talk through some sort of agreement between Yaesu and Motorola, Yaesu cannot make DMR equipment and moto can't make Fusion equipment. So I don't know that that will happen, but the folks who put out the DV4 mini are supposed to soon release a mobile radio that supposedly can do Fusion, D-Star, DMR, and I believe P25.

DV4mobile

kb0uxv

Interesting Radioman2001, I always thought DMR was owned by Motorola. Maybe that is why they keep resisting adding DMR as a system type in the APX line - I know that this has been requested numerous times for interop purposes.

Too bad about 146.700 going away from P25. Personally I think the cause is the more mission critical nature of this repeater combined with some longer P25 QSOs that most users could not decode. I believe they even want analog conversations limited on that machine. In any case, thanks for the nice P25 QSOs on that machine JASII. Hopefully we can meet again on P25 on a future metro machine :)

n9upc

In Western WI/Northwestern WI we are working on a network called the 63/53 Network. This network is planned to run along Hwy 63 from Baldwin to Ashland and Eau Claire through Duluth, MN. In this case we will be running P25, DMR, Fuson, and Analog all linked together. One of the spots we will be putting one up in is St Croix County around the Baldwin area.

One of the issues is that many of the people that use digital voice are sticking to the UHF range and not so much VHF. This network would be utilizing VHF and UHF of the mixed mode repeaters as stated all linked together.

We are about 60 days out with the biggest issue waiting on the interface board for the repeater and the WAR (WI Assoc of Repeaters) to get some coordination going on.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Isn't there currently a fusion repeater in Baldwin? Is that going to be part of it or will there be a different machine?

n9upc

Yes currently the 442.225 runs mixed mode (Fusion/Analog) in Baldwin (working on a new duplexer also) and the Roberts 147.3300 and Hudson 145.130 are Fusion (AMS mode) also. We plan to link all three of these together. They may or may not be linked to the 63/53 network.

I am working on seperate machines to do the 63/53 network for sure as when we purpose a machine for the mixed mode format for digitals (DMR, P25, Fusion, etc.) they can only run digital. Theeefore an analog simulcast is planned also. When all is said and done it will be a large network reaching a large area with about 4 to 5 different formats cross communicating across it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.