Visiting MSP Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

182FF

I will be visiting the Minneapolis area this weekend and wondering if anyone can help out with some information. I am looking to listen to mainly Fire and the Airport. I have a BC246T and can I listen to the ARMER system or do you need a digital scanner? Any other help is appreciated.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
The ARMER system is digital, but there is also quite a bit of non-digital stuff you can pick up. The north/west areas of the metro area are mostly on the ARMER system, but the south/east areas are still mostly on conventional VHF/UHF. Where exactly are you going to be in the area?

Here is a link to some good info about the area: www.geocities.com/mn_metroscan

Also just so you are aware, mobile scanning is illegal in MN unless you have a ham license. If you plan on having it in the car with you, keep it out of sight and don't get pulled over.

huinketr

Raven95150 said:
The ARMER system is digital, but there is also quite a bit of non-digital stuff you can pick up. The north/west areas of the metro area are mostly on the ARMER system, but the south/east areas are still mostly on conventional VHF/UHF. Where exactly are you going to be in the area?

Do you know of any good websites that have info about the conventional ones? Thanks!

182FF

Thanks for the link and your help. I will be in the St. Paul and Bloomington area. Thanks for the heads up about having it in the car!

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
huinketr said:
Do you know of any good websites that have info about the conventional ones? Thanks!
The link I posted above has conventional info as well...look under the "Non-digital public safety" section. Most of it is probably also available in the database here on RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.