Scanning the Forrest County System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hft

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am getting back into scanning after
a 2-3 year hiatus. I am using a BC235XLT to listen to the 3 trunked systems in my area:Forrest, Lamar, Jones County. I have a question about Forrest County: Is it a Type I or Type II system,? Everything that I see on this site indicates that it's II, however I am scanning it as a I--example: I hear HPD on 000-0.
The other 2 systems are scanning as Type II.
Maybe I have been away too long :lol:
Any input would be appreciated.

twolf816

i passed through forrest county on my way back from florida. the system is definatly moto type II. heard everything on correct talkgroups. if you want i can give you exactly how i had it programmed.

hft

Thanks McReb and ward8vfd. About 30 minutes after posting I figured out that I has the scannner still set for the type I system that Hattiesburg had
been using when I stopped scanning several years ago :lol: .
When I swithched settings, everything worked fine (imagine that).
That's what happens when you get older I guess :wink:
Again: Thanks

danw5211

Premium Subscriber
The only agencies using the Type I IDs in Jones County are the Fire Depts. Both city and county. I have No idea why they are still on Type I.
I programmed the Fire Depts as Type I, and then programmed everyone else as Type II. So I guess I have a Type II hybrid setup.
I don't know what I have...but it works great.

Both Forrest and Lamar are Type II. And make sure you load the Third Tower in for Forrest county. It's a backup to the Oak Grove Tower.
At least that's what they are telling us.

Forrest County has reprogrammed all the handhelds, and now you may not be able to hit the talkpath. I heard Petal Fire at a call yesterday. They lost the Dispatch Talk Path, but still had the Tactical Talk Path. Beats me!
I've heard a lot of complaints from all over the county since the handhelds were reprogrammed. Sure hope no one gets hurt!
If it ain't broke...don't Fix it!!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
FC is fully II, Jones is supposed to change soon... most of MS TRS's except for Madison's are II's... At least for the Moto's... Full ASTRO-25's are so far.. only ONE. City of Ridgeland. Mixed ASTRO's include Hinds County, and others. Only ASTRO VSELP left is Warren County, though they will be studying the Memphis change, aand possibly switch also soon.

The FC system is preparing to become a true 3 site net.. and the reprogging is in preparation for this... Hope this helps

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm Camp Shelby is an origanl ASTRO with capability for both analog and digital but using only digital mode. Same with Hinds County and others.... I think Ridgeland's is an ASTRO-25 pure digital AKA 9600 KBPS system...

Status
Not open for further replies.