Jones County Getting new TRS system

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosboot

Jones Co. EMA maybe getting a $ 9 million System.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk Join me on twitter
@interplantary

dosboot

Well i believe they are trying to get a grant to pay for it.

@interplantary

KE5TLF

That would certainly be wise, though the PSIC grant program has been closed for a while and it was a max of $200,000 anyway. There is likely other programs now I guess. In both of The Chronicle stories from the Laurel Council and County Supervisors meetings neither one has a plan in place for where the money is going to come from yet. They just agreed to share the cost. 45% Laurel, 45% County, 10% Ellisville. The city and county will each pay $370,116 annually for a 15 year-contract. Ellisville will pay $82,248 annually for the 15 year-contract. First payments due in February 2014.

dosboot

I hope the new system gives us better coverage.

@interplantary

KE5TLF

I think it will. Technically the South Tower isn't even in Jones County. It is really in Forrest County, though just barely. (about 330 yards from the Jones/Forrest border)

MSWIN's Ellisville SE tower, which will essentially be taking the place of the south tower is well within Jones County's border.

The north tower is pretty much in the center of a ring of 5 original MSWIN towers and should be a perfect addition to the area in general.

Pretty easy to see if you open each system's RR Locations map side by side.

dosboot

Yes, I can see that and I believe the south tower is indeed in Joes County.
The North tower is also where the paging system xmitter us located.

@interplantary

KE5TLF

WCC meeting minutes are finally updated. Jones County stuff is in the August minutes. Basically there is now 0 spare parts left for it. If it breaks again, it's gone for good.

dosboot

Jones County TRS - MSWIN

Does anyone have a update on Jones Co. Move to MSWIN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Last I heard was that it was supposed to be done by next month? Have not had any new info on that or the Forrest County switchover. Maybe Darren has heard. So on that note: Once you guys note that the system switch is active, please run UT, or Pro96Com on the new sites and get us the nitty gritty, Site #'s, nieghbors, TDMA etc... And all the new ID's for the agencies using it.

dosboot

Jones County TRS - MSWIN

Not sure about next month, I heard September. I hope its not next month I dont even have a digital scanner yet.

@interplantary

dosboot

Jones County

Saw this on the Jones County EOC tower today
It's something new looks like Link to the North tower which is where the MSWIN will be located.
ygysugyr.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Microwave link to the other site/s. So they planning on at least to start with running the old system into the MSWIN, or are they actually changing more than just one site? (retreaded to just have one site and have mw links to the old sites if your not going to use them, but hey thats just personal opinion, and knowing that other counties are switching multiple sites to avoid having to come back later to redo more for coverage issues anyway.) Forrest isn't having to do so because they have good coverage from other sites, as well as the ZC Master Site is there, so just changing the one site adds coverage for them, Lee county will change more than one, as will DeSoto etc.... In he next 5 years, you will see a LOT of new sites coming online, both State sites for more coverage, and County/Municipal Sites. (Officially the thing is finished, but hey we all know these systems continuously grow and change as needed, look at AWIN, and LWIN, Palmetto 800/P25, VIPER/P25. Keep your eyes and ears open guys.

dosboot

I believe that only the north tower is being converted, which is the direction the microwave link is pointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.