Rankin County EOC NEW VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK, confirmed by a user on Rankin County Emergency Services networks: RCES has indeed switched over to a new VHF paging freq on 155.0700 MHz, NFM. Anyone that can snag the tones in use for it, please let us know them. TY In Advance!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
OK so they are still CSQ in the switching over? The 2 FF's and the EMT I talked to have said the old VHF is no longer in usage.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
I have not heard a peep and I am tone searching on my boafeng uv5r and no traffic at all and I am in north jackson with a vhf portable antenna and I hear the cn rail rtc traffic in yazoo

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The new net is for paging/dispatch only replacing the old VHF net. It is a series of Base stations at all the exact same locations as the original one. It will be backup to the TRS, and in case the new paging system has issues, or has to be off lined for any reason. If your hearing ID Tones, that confirms it is active. We may have to wait til iether the paging system crashes, or they need to use it for a fg or such due to TRS issues etc to get tones, unless we get lucky and RCES gives the new data to some of the volees that work with them from other areas like Simpson County etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
I programmed my scanner with that new frequency and haven't heard any traffic at all. I do have an 800 Mhz radio with Rankin EOC and the firegrounds programmed in (they allowed me on their system) and I monitor it that way.

Be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.