Official MSWIN TGID 2014 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And so begins another year of growth for the MSWIN. Lets try to nab all the undientified TG's, and new ones as they pop up.:cool:

The City of Clinton is negotiations to get on the system as well. Their is a little activity now.

INDY72

Yalobusha SO, and EMS confirmed and added.... Waiting on EMA main, EMA SAR, EMA/VFD's.... etc...

tsrnews98

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring MS Win Radio

I am using a GRE PSR 800 scanner and have identified a couple of talk groups in my county. But using Wildcard or programming the talk groups, I still am not getting but a small portion of the traffic. My current setting only includes two talk groups and the two towers in the county. Suggestions??

INDY72

OK, are you using it mobile, or at a single location? For a single location, program in EVERY site that is within say a 20 mile radius of you, and then program in every talkgroup that you wish to monitor, as well as wildcards for finding new ones. Mobile usage, program in EVERY site your going to be traveling near, and program in all the talkgroups you want to monitor and of course wildcards. Make sure your roam setting is on, and all the proper digital settings are set to boost audio etc... Any talkgroup you have identified, please submit to the database.

INDY72

Hint on Yalobusha.... There are around 20 or so open slots for TG's in the range between the SO, and EMS.... SO Expect to find at least 10 as everyone in the county comes online.

You may not find many until say an major event like a big fire, or real bad weather pops up and everyone gets busy.

wrowzee

Has anyone ran into TGID: 50000?

I use SDRsharp and Unitrunker to monitor Site 042 as I can see the tower from my window, I also use an Moto XTL5000 setup on 700mhz conventional to listen to voice tx as it produces better audio and I dont want to have to affiliate with the system and have my radio shut down by the sys admin. I see where different units are communicating on TG 50000 but it shows no audio traffic and I know its not X2-TDMA, it seems to be some type of data terminal of some sorts.

INDY72

MSWIN does not use X-2, it uses true P25 Phase II TDMA. It is possible 50000 is an MOSCAD type TG. Also, is this site # 142, 242, 342? Once we know which Site 042, that will help us to narrow down possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

wrowzee

Sorry about that. I meant Phase II not X-2, I guess my brain wasn't working properly at that moment. It is site 343 Farmington. I completely forgot about MOSCAD data. Thats one thing the version of unitrunker I have doesnt distinguish between voice or data, all it tells me is the tx id (sometimes), target id (again sometimes, and the TGID.

INDY72

Newest Unitrunker version, or one of the older ones? Ever tried Pro96Com? That TG fits in the Zone 3 range for sure (5XXXX), it could even be Alcorn County, or one of the other agencies in Alcorn County (or anyone within *near* range of that site) getting ready to come on. Watch the RID's and keep track of them also, as sometimes they can be a giveaway if you see them affiliate with other TG's. Also, would DSD+ work with the SDR setup?

Last edited by a moderator:

wrowzee

Its the newest version they had on their site. After reading your post about Alcorn maybe coming on the system, I remember a few months back when I stopped in at one of the local radio shops to shoot the breeze and pick up some items, They were actually installing APX series radios with the rugged head into all the corinth pd cars. I was told that they werent actually going onto the system yet. But I forgot that those radios affiliate when they are turned on and I bet that is what it is, I think they just use them to listen to Troop F dispatch currently, kind of using them as scanners right now.

INDY72

Yes, on ALL P25 systems, Any P25 radio that is powered on, and gets within "capture" range of an site on the system will automatically attempt to affiliate with that site. If it is an RID that the system recognizes, then affiliation is allowed. This is what makes scanning an Wide Area P25 so cool, since any TG that is programmed into any radio affiliated with any site your monitoring can be heard if it is used. (That is, unless the radio is specifically set up to only affiliate with specific sites on the system, which is sometimes done, but not as often as it used to be to allow for roaming and full interoperability systemwide.) So you may see lets say CPD which has not officially come on yet, with lets say, 3 LEA, and the Mutual Aid TG's programmed in affiliate with a site. Lets say the 3 local area LEA TG's are CPD Dispatch, ACSO Dispatch, and an Countywide LEA Interop... These three are now affiliated with that site, and if used can be heard. Even if not used, Pro96Com, UT, T-88 will show at least the main TG that radio is set to, as well as the RID when it affiliates.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
MSWIN RID List

Gang,

I am looking for the most MSWIN RID list For the Counties along I-55 from the TN/Ms to the Ms line and the RIDs for the Pearl River, Hancock, Harrison, Jackson Counties.

Also will take any other RID list as well.

I am creating my favorite list for the 436HP and of Course I am alway glad to share what I get with you guys and gals.

Thanks

scanphreak

Heard this morning:

Talkgroup ID: 31165 - On the Harrison County Site a person came on several times stating USM 10-24 to various buildings like the Mechanical Room, Library and a Hall. Sounds like USM building checks being performed.

Last edited:

KE5TLF

Just looked and I have denied affiliations for about a half dozen RIDs across the 3 sites I log regularly, 118, 121, and 144. So whoever it is they aren't allowed on those sites.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
UIDs Needed

I still a list of the most Currennt MSWIN UID list For the Counties along I-55 from the TN/Ms to the Ms line and the UIDs for the Pearl River, Hancock, Harrison, Jackson Counties.

I am creating my favorite list for the 436HP and of course I am always glad to share what I get with you guys and gals.

Thanks Big Time for this help...Happy Scanning

justinlp

Hey guys I'm new to this and need some help. I live just right outside of Corinth, MS. I just bought a Uniden BCD536HP. As you guys said earlier Alcorn County Sheriff and Corinth Police are now fully operating on the new 700mhz digital trunking system. Now my sources tell me there will be 4 different things to listen to. 1. ALSO Dispatch 2. ALSO Car to Car 3. CAN Dispatch 4. CPD Car to Car.

Here's what I know from listening.

I have picked up CPD talk on 50001

My friend said he has heard Sheriff on 50006, and CPD on 50000, but I haven't

Now since I'm within range of these sites how do I go about to finding what TGIDs they are and is that all i need in order to be able to listen or is there more to it than getting TGIDs?

justinlp

I bought mine from eBay. I think it was 569.99. Was the cheapest I found. It's a new unit. So far love it. Just can't find my locals lol but I'm hearing all the highway patrol and MDOT crystal clear! And it's easy to self program haven't tried the computer application yet heard it's even easter. I would say it's worth it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.