MEDCOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosboot

Does anyone know what agencies are part of MEDCOM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

biglogdog

MEDCOM is a communications center located in the UMMC ER. Their primary roll is coordinating air care/ ems coming to UMMC, but they also closely monitor most ems/fire communications in the area. They have a statewide talkgroup on MSWIN, and can patch almost any radio system together in the metro area. The only time you will hear any traffic on the MEDCOM channel is for ambulance reports and occasional rendezvous between first responders and the air care. https://www.umc.edu/msmedcom/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dosboot

I hear them all the time on the Jones County tower, but I was wondering what MEDCOM was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
MEDCOM is also used for ER contact Statewide for Hospitals/Trauma Centers that have MSWIN capabilities. It was originally just for the Jackson Metro area, but no longer just applies to the Metro. As the UMMC system is also the State Poison Control Center, and the Primary Med Net Physician Consulting Center for MS, pretty much every EMS agency has to talk to them at some point lol! Used to be on the UHF Repeaters and VHF Nets with patches set up from across the state. Now with MSWIN in place EMS contact is being routed through it now where it is set up for this. Eventually every Hospital, TC, Urgent Care facility will have MSWIN access and the full MEDCOM/Trauma Alert system will be utilized. This is set up on every statewide TRS eventually (See AWIN Trauma Comm, VIPER VMED, and the similar on TACN, SAFE-T etc). The TGs currently are the AirCARE Ops one, Primary Statewide Contact, SERN (155.3400) patch, and MED 8 (463.1750) Patch.... This is only the tip of the iceberg. MEDCOM grew out of what was originally the Central MS EMS District.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.