RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 8:52 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The infra-structure of the system is Motorola but many of the radios that need rebanding were replaced by Nextel under the rebanding agreement. They were replaced by the original manufacturer with upgrades to P25 in anticipation of the switch to P25. Radios that didn't need rebanding were replaced with Motorola P25 radios. For the most part P25 radios can be purchased from any manufacturer and work on any P25 system. The original system was simulcast and was just changed to P25 digital. The system has been completed for some time but there are still a lot of radios to install.
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA0CBW View Post
The infra-structure of the system is Motorola but many of the radios that need rebanding were replaced by Nextel under the rebanding agreement. They were replaced by the original manufacturer with upgrades to P25 in anticipation of the switch to P25. Radios that didn't need rebanding were replaced with Motorola P25 radios. For the most part P25 radios can be purchased from any manufacturer and work on any P25 system. The original system was simulcast and was just changed to P25 digital. The system has been completed for some time but there are still a lot of radios to install.
Ok sounds good, does this mean they will continue to simulcast until all radios are installed? What other radios need to be installed?! I'm waiting til South Platte FD gets online and all whomever else will join...

On a side note, I thought I saw ID:33115 pop up, anyone have any ideas what it may be? I don't remember the conversation that was going on to decide what was going on.

Scanners Include: Uniden BCD996T & Uniden BCD396XT
Old 02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Yes, they will continue simulcast. It's how they achieve the required coverage.
Old 02-17-2012, 8:16 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Currently they are running the old EDACS and the new P25 systems side by side. They are switching each user group of EDACS radios over to the P25 system. Once they have completed switching all the old radios over and finished installing all the new radios they will switch the old EDACS channels over to P25 operation. Both the old EDACS and the New P25 systems are simulcast as mancow indicated. Each site will have the same number of channels and will transmit the same information on each channel at the same time.

BB
Old 02-17-2012, 9:06 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

so....is the p25 system going to get any better in the future? .....sunny day's are bad.....cloudy day's are good....garble garble garble....

PRO 106
PRO 197
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2012, 9:10 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Probably not.
Old 02-17-2012, 9:27 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The simulcast distortion occurs because of RF overlap from the locations of the existing sites. There are no plans to change the locations of any of the existing sites. Therefore the coverage is what it has been and what it will continue to be. Analog radios (and our ears) can tolerate this distortion more readily. Commercial digital radios are designed to compensate but many of today's digital scanners have a very difficult time with it. Hopefully the next generation of digital scanners will do better.

BB
Old 02-18-2012, 12:26 AM

Sounds good guys... thanks for clarifying... now my next question, anyone know who is in the 33300 range? It sounds like maybe city, but I'm not sure?!

Scanners Include: Uniden BCD996T & Uniden BCD396XT
Old 02-18-2012, 12:09 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've not really had any issues receiving MARRS mobile, or via portable just south of Lees Summit West HS.

Scanners will have trouble decoding pretty much any P25 simulcast system... if you're not having much luck, try using a paper clip in place of a proper antenna.
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2012, 6:35 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Paper Clip antenna

Yes the paper clip work's....when it's clear and sunny out side that's when the reception is at it's worst!! that's when I take off the 800mhz antenna, and use the paper clip......yes it work's!....a $300.00 scanner and a penny paper clip....wow where are we going wrong?????

PRO 106
PRO 197
Old 02-19-2012, 8:51 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC0CSE View Post
Yes the paper clip work's....when it's clear and sunny out side that's when the reception is at it's worst!! that's when I take off the 800mhz antenna, and use the paper clip......yes it work's!....a $300.00 scanner and a penny paper clip....wow where are we going wrong?????

PRO 106
PRO 197
And if all that fails, try standing on your head facing the sun with one of your legs bent at a 90-degree angle, and lay your hand on a metal surface, you might actually get reception!
Old 02-20-2012, 7:04 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default rabbit ear's

This brings back memory's of my dad having me hold the "Rabbit Ears" for the black & white tv trying to get better reception...oh all so he put aluminum foil on the ear's too...never did get that one....till now....Look what were doing with digital scanner...history repeat's it's self......are we going forward? or backward?...and so I submit the question......

PRO 106
PRO 197
Old 02-24-2012, 5:10 PM

Anyone else hearing activity on 4005332 ?
I've been running my new Digital Scanner for a couple weeks now and have never seen such an odd TG show up...

HP

btw,it was quite brief so I couldn't tell exactly what was being discused
Old 02-24-2012, 7:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That is a radio Id number, you were hearing an ICall. 5332 is one of the radio shop guys.
Old 03-01-2012, 2:37 PM

Thanks a lot.
I wasn't aware that the Pro-197 picked up I-Calls.

I suppose the "Private" setting in the menu should have been a tip-off !!

Is there an easy way to know which Zone or radio number it is based on the displayed ID ??

HP
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2012, 4:30 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Mokanscan kansas city

MOKANSCAN has talkgroups listed for Med channels for all the Hospitals in the area....LifeFlight is the only one I am getting....they must not be on board yet....any word on this yet? or when they might go live?...

PRO 106
PRO 197
Old 03-03-2012, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC0CSE View Post
MOKANSCAN has talkgroups listed for Med channels for all the Hospitals in the area....LifeFlight is the only one I am getting....they must not be on board yet....any word on this yet? or when they might go live?...

PRO 106
PRO 197
Last I heard MARCER hospital channels were supposed to go digital March 1st. That date has came and went, so who knows for sure. Everyone remains on analog Moto for the time being...
Old 03-03-2012, 5:24 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Mokanscan med talkgroups

Well I went ahead and put in all the talkgroups that MOKANSCAN had in there data base for all the med groups....this site should soon be posting them also I would think....
Old 03-03-2012, 6:00 PM

Johnson County 700 MHz Trunking System, Olathe, Kansas - Scanner Frequencies

Radioreference already has them listed on the Johnson County, KS System. Since the JOCO and KCMO systems are tied in together, the talkgroups should be the same on both.
Old 03-04-2012, 2:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

They are the same, been some testing on them last week, and heard some EMS crews trying to call a few hospitals.

Tags