RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 7:05 AM

For paging, or what?

Scanners Include: Uniden BCD996T & Uniden BCD396XT
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2013, 7:50 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The dispatcher is simulcast on 155.6250 PL 167.9. I do not know if pagers are on it too.
Old 01-20-2013, 7:39 PM

So does anyone know how these systems will "tie-in" with MOSWIN and possibly other systems?! I thought MOSWIN was supposed to tie-in to MARRS. I would think the TGs on MOSWIN would be used on MARRS and vice versa.

Old 01-24-2013, 5:59 PM

So where is Jackson County these days? RR freq. database still has them on VHF. Thanks!!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If you mean Jackson County Sheriff's Office, the database is correct, they are still on VHF.

They will be on MARRS East as soon as the equipment is delivered, within the next few weeks to few months range.
Sponsored links

Old 01-26-2013, 3:44 PM

What about tying into MOSWIN?? Does anyone know any technical details about MOSWIN and MARRS interoperability? What about with all the analog trunked systems as well like Grandview and Raytown. Also what about other P25 systems like Buchanan County and possibly KSICS and all?!

Old 01-29-2013, 3:31 PM

I have noticed every time I am downtown, within a few blocks of the the federal courthouse I am getting garbled transmissions with the 396, as I move away from that area the transmissions they go back to normal. I was wondering if anyone has been through this area and experienced the same thing while listening to KCMO?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctek View Post
I have noticed every time I am downtown, within a few blocks of the the federal courthouse I am getting garbled transmissions with the 396, as I move away from that area the transmissions they go back to normal. I was wondering if anyone has been through this area and experienced the same thing while listening to KCMO?
Most likely front end overload due to the amount of RF down there. use some attenuation and see if it clears up.

HH
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If im putting this system into my pro2096 using win96 what should i choose for the trunking table? 3600cc 800mhz rebanded or 9600cc 800mhz? Or a custom one?
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2013, 2:00 AM
Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0rpj View Post
If im putting this system into my pro2096 using win96 what should i choose for the trunking table? 3600cc 800mhz rebanded or 9600cc 800mhz? Or a custom one?
Use: 9600cc 800mhz

HH
Old 02-03-2013, 4:43 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thank you, o/t question, would all p25 systems use the same 9600/800 if they are 800m systems?
Old 02-05-2013, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkrharry View Post
Most likely front end overload due to the amount of RF down there. use some attenuation and see if it clears up.

HH
Yea, I have tried all sorts of ways of adding and or changing attenuation. I have changed and removed antenna's, added a paper clip's of all sorts and sizes, let it scan down on the floor, added the 20db attenuation in freescan, all to no avail.
Old 02-07-2013, 1:37 PM

Default Newbee

He sorry for my ignorance, I am a scanner virgin. Can anyone tell me why the KCMO transmission is down often lately? I may not even be posting in the correct place for this question, so sorry in advance if I'm in the wrong place.
I am trying to listen to the KCMO feed and it seems to be down. Why? Please explain or educate me please.

Wanting to get more involved once I am more educated. Now that I have spent a little time on here I now know where to look for education. But until I can retain that knowledge, can someone help me out and tell me why KCMO feed is not working.

Thank you

HH
Old 02-07-2013, 5:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Garbled audio downtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctek View Post
I have experienced the same thing with my 996T mobile. I am using an 800 MHz 5/8 wave antenna on my van.
Old 02-08-2013, 5:06 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradersattic View Post
He sorry for my ignorance, I am a scanner virgin. Can anyone tell me why the KCMO transmission is down often lately? I may not even be posting in the correct place for this question, so sorry in advance if I'm in the wrong place.
I am trying to listen to the KCMO feed and it seems to be down. Why? Please explain or educate me please.

Wanting to get more involved once I am more educated. Now that I have spent a little time on here I now know where to look for education. But until I can retain that knowledge, can someone help me out and tell me why KCMO feed is not working.

Thank you

HH
I am assuming you are referencing the Live Audio feed? All of the feeds on this site are provided by volunteers with their own equipment (scanner/computer). Could be the feed provider is moving, having computer issues, or something like that.

Also possible that the provider has decided to no longer offer the feed. Hopefully that is not the case.

I am not familiar with who the feed provider is, so beyond that I am not much help.

The RadioReference Wiki shows that the provider is notified several times before any action is taken.

Time Down Action
============================================
15 min Email Notification to Feed Owner
6 Hours Email Notification to Feed Owner
24 Hours Email Notification to Feed Owner
7 days Email Notification to Feed Owner
14 days Email notification and feed deactivated.

Source: Broadcasting Feeds - The RadioReference Wiki (just over halfway down the page)
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2013, 9:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradersattic View Post

Thank you

HH
Someone else had an issue with the KCMO feed recently. Hkrharry provided an explanation in this post: Kansas City AGAIN & Clay County

According to hkr...the feed provider does shift work and leaves his machine unattended. If Windows shoves out constant updates as they have been doing lately...those have a tendency to automatically reset some machines. The feed provider will probably fix the issue once he has some spare time to do so.
Old 02-09-2013, 8:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was down around kansas city today, a couple of things i noticed, one, the TRS system had iffy coverage at best across clay county (from the north border on I-35 to the river). I had soild coverage and very little aritfacts in downtown around union station. Going back home we came up 169 and had soild coverage, hearing KC North PD, Platte Co, and Clay County. once i got north of 152 I started picking up artifacts again, but still a copyable signal until i got to smithville, going across 92 over to 35 the signal was barely understable.

does clay county have a different system that is not listed in the database?
Old 02-20-2013, 5:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Claycomo Police TGid

Anyone know if Claycomo PD has switched over to P25 yet. It shows that there fire dept has, but the database only shows the old freq's.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystow View Post
Anyone know if Claycomo PD has switched over to P25 yet. It shows that there fire dept has, but the database only shows the old freq's.
Yes, they have switched to digital. Clay County dispatches them on 34320 (shared with Randolph PD).
Old 04-06-2013, 9:28 AM

Default Thanks to Duke106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke106 View Post
KC Fire and Police live feed is back up and sending the new P25 system.
Thank you for providing the KCPD/FD feed. I tried to send you a private message, but apparently that is not possible. We have just started a new blockwatch group in Pendleton Heights, Northeast KCMO and we have come to depend on your feed to help find out what's going on.

If we could help out with a few dollars now and then to help cover your expenses we would like that.

Thanks again for your service to our community.

Harold

Tags