RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 8:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfbarnes View Post
Jackson County Sheriff's switch to MARRS is -almost- here. Should be happening within weeks, the radios are being programmed now.

Jackson County Park Rangers are already switched to MARRS and are running single-band 700/800 Motorola equipment. I'm not sure on their talkgroup IDs, but anybody who uses the trunking software can probably find them, the rangers use 500 series radio numbers.

Sheriff's Office talkgroups will be full-time encrypted except interoperability and regional / east comms talkgroups, and regional pursuit will also be in the clear. Sheriff's Dispatch to Municipalities (Oak Grove, Grain Valley, Buckner, Lotawana, Lone Jack, Tapawingo, etc.) will be a different talkgroup, the encryption issue not 100% decided on those.

I'd like to extend a special thank you to my fellow scanner enthusiasts who are on board with the internet streaming game, you've earned the encryption for the rest of us. Word is Independence will be encrypting ALL talkgroups full-time by the end of the year after a burglary ring used their phones to stay a step ahead of the police by listening to the stream.

Tweakers ain't smart enough to program, nor can they afford a digital scanner, but they'll sure listen to the free app that streams it for them. Not to mention street racers and other groups that use apps and streams to make law enforcement's job more difficult... streamers, you are vicariously making law enforcement's job more difficult by providing the streams, so thanks for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC0CSE View Post
I'm with this poster....live streaming must stop!!! or our scanners will become nothing but paper weights ....My vote is in..NO LIVE STREAMS...STOP NOW!
I'll echo what the both of you have already said. It's only a matter of time before everyone goes dark.
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2013, 9:06 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPD730 View Post
I'll echo what the both of you have already said. It's only a matter of time before everyone goes dark.
yes ...but when you bring it up to the Moderators on this site they get real upset...and delete your post....this has to be out in the open again for discussion ....the person that started this post knows what he's talking about...that's all I'm going to say about that....real time experience .....so maybe we can wake someone up and shake them and bring them to the reality of what's coming up soon.... Uniden will be out of business soon too..ie (scanner sales)

Last edited by KC0CSE; 07-15-2013 at 9:09 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 9:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The only thing that will happen is they will remove all of our posts, it's to big of a cash cow for them, I think they plan on going down with the ship....
Old 07-15-2013, 10:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC0CSE View Post
yes ...but when you bring it up to the Moderators on this site they get real upset...and delete your post....this has to be out in the open again for discussion ....the person that started this post knows what he's talking about...that's all I'm going to say about that....real time experience .....so maybe we can wake someone up and shake them and bring them to the reality of what's coming up soon.... Uniden will be out of business soon too..ie (scanner sales)
I agree with everything you said KC0CSE.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Independence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPD730 View Post
It seems that IPD has already moved all radio traffic to Tac-1 and Tac-2. I have not heard any IPD traffic in the clear since last night.
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2013, 10:28 AM

I saw they had 800 frequencies they applied for, I wonder if they're moving the dispatch TGs there while they get to use Tac-1 and Tac-2 in the mean time?! I wonder why they want to encrypt when they can utilize these Tac channels. I can't believe Jackson County is encrypting. I wish that all officers (IPD, Jackson County SO, KCPD etc.) stay safe when they need each others help and can't communicate. It's not that I'm against encryption, it's just the safety of the officers. I understand they can share the encryption key, but that will cost more for other agencies...

Scanners Include: Uniden BCD996T & Uniden BCD396XT
Old 08-02-2013, 12:38 PM

Just brings to mind last Winters handcuffed suspect borrowing a shinny new JACO SD cruiser to create a new drive thru at the Sonics in Blue Ridge. I was listening to KCMO, Grandview and SD. What a time to play phone tag.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:58 PM

Exactly! If I had a say about all these radio systems, I'd talk about interoperability!! It seems like too much time is wasted when they go through dispatchers to get the information across multiple disciplines. Oh well, can't say much now, they made their decision which I respect them for making. I understand where they're coming from...

Old 08-02-2013, 1:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by scannerowner View Post
Exactly! If I had a say about all these radio systems, I'd talk about interoperability!! It seems like too much time is wasted when they go through dispatchers to get the information across multiple disciplines. Oh well, can't say much now, they made their decision which I respect them for making. I understand where they're coming from...

It was about interoperability until every bad guy and soccer mom with a smart phone could listen to them for free.
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2013, 1:09 PM

True, oh well they may change their mind if something happens or they reach an agreement. In my community the police say we are lucky to have citizens with scanners because it is an advantage. Guess that makes the difference in a city vs. a small town! Too bad Police Chiefs can't make someone sign a waiver before using an app. I thought scanners were illegal in Independence anyway, unless you had your HAM license??

Old 08-02-2013, 3:01 PM

Jus' saying some two bit' prosecutor could make humble in a case with a smart phone app that was used in a case.
Old 08-04-2013, 2:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I found this article interesting.

Panel: P25 encryption is not for everyone | P25 content from Urgent Communications
Old 08-05-2013, 3:26 PM

I guess IPD is still encrypted... haven't heard any different. I kinda have a strange feeling they're going to reverse it one of these days...

Old 08-07-2013, 7:58 AM

Are we sure IPD is not X2 TDMA? I was monitoring them with HP-1 E in Current Activity. In the mode menu the "D" was Green. If the traffic is encrypted the mode is suppose to be "E" and in Red. No red lines or "E" showed up. Just the Tac channels they were using for regular traffic. In scan mode the channels would often get displayed longer than would be when there is encrypted traffic on recent Uniden products. Anyone check the system with PSR 800?
Old 08-07-2013, 8:21 AM

I doubt it! I wouldn't think PD would change with IFD still not?!

Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2013, 8:39 AM

I was just looking at the HP 1 again. Apparently, in Current Activity mode "E" traffic on some systems are not identified as "E" mode. MARRS is one of those systems.
Old 08-07-2013, 8:42 AM

That's odd! I wish I could help more!

Old 08-08-2013, 8:56 AM

I was in Platte City yesterday and on the KC P25 I saw Platte County TGs being roamed onto it and Independence TG 124. It seems most systems are linked in at this time, except MOSWIN. Does anyone know when MOSWIN will be tied-in to MARRS?

Old 08-10-2013, 4:08 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Jackson County

Yesterday I was logging MARRS system activity on the KCMO site with Pro96com, and found these new TGIDs:

34351 (all transmissions encrypted)-11 hits
34353 (all transmissions encrypted)-2 hits
34356 (all transmissions encrypted)-2 hits
34358 (transmissions in the clear)-1 hit
34361 (transmissions in the clear)-1 hit

I suspect that Jackson County Sheriff's Office was doing some tests, but can't say that with 100% certainty. With the clear talkgroups, I was only able to log activity via the software (but couldn't confirm which agencies were keying up/transmitting). Might be worth watching over the next several days...
Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 AM
IL/MO/MI Database Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

FYI, across the state in St Louis...

About 2 weeks ago, "denied" hits started showing up on St Louis City P25 system (TGs 5 and 7)

Now, in the last week, these 2 talkgroups have been heard with voice/actual traffic on the system.

Not sure why these are on here or if MHP is using any 700/800 MHz radios.

Anyway.... both MOSWIN and St Louis System have the same system ID.

Tags