RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 3:43 PM

Default MOSWIN NW-Troop H

I've been monitoring The Dearborn and the Holt County sites for much of the past week and have narrowed the "repeated" frequencies to Dearborn-154.6725 and Holt County-154.9425 and 154.6950.
I would think that Troop H base would xmt on all repeater frequencies. But on the Holt County channels, that is not always the case. Sometimes you will hear a northern zone car and the base on freq #1, sometimes #2. Seems to only be one main Dearborn frequency however. The two sites are covering St. Joseph proper fairly well while i'm on the road, however these are intermittent inside buildings and will most probably require external antenna. Curious if other MSHP listeners have experienced similar results.
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2013, 5:14 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

I am running the pro96com programming and getting some hits off the Lawrenceton tower on the affirm log and list. I am also getting some on the grant trace log as well. But some far I am on getting now is some Sikeston area coms. I am not getting any Troop E area hits except on the IO channels.what
Is any one getting any thing. Also I would like to get a copy of your Radios.txt and your talkgroup.txt file for the Troop C area.

What I am getting is Key ups lasting about 3-5 seconds on the Troop C Dsp 1 (5) group.

Thanks

Last edited by AC0RV; 05-08-2013 at 5:19 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 5:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I get what I think is most all of Troop E's traffic through the Bakerville tower.

Save Gas. Drive a Diesel...
Old 05-08-2013, 6:45 PM

I did hear Troop H on low band earlier today. They are still using KAA204 sign off, but you can hear the operators pause for a moment when they are on MOSWIN. They are just calling it "St. Joe." It appears not everything is simulcast during the switchover.
Old 05-08-2013, 7:25 PM

It depends on where the troopers affiliate also. I listen to Lawson primarily and I see Troop H using it, but then I see at times I hear things on Dearborn, so Lawson may not pick it up! Lawson is bordering Troop H and A, so it's harder for Troop H to affiliate with unless an officer is within the coverage area.

Scanners Include: Uniden BCD996T & Uniden BCD396XT
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2013, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHeater View Post
I've been monitoring The Dearborn and the Holt County sites for much of the past week and have narrowed the "repeated" frequencies to Dearborn-154.6725 and Holt County-154.9425 and 154.6950.
I would think that Troop H base would xmt on all repeater frequencies. But on the Holt County channels, that is not always the case. Sometimes you will hear a northern zone car and the base on freq #1, sometimes #2. Seems to only be one main Dearborn frequency however. The two sites are covering St. Joseph proper fairly well while i'm on the road, however these are intermittent inside buildings and will most probably require external antenna. Curious if other MSHP listeners have experienced similar results.
Dearborn is also using 171.675 as a voice channel.

It appears you are scanning the system's voice channels as conventional channels instead of scanning as a trunked system, in which case you'll notice the voice channels are used in rotation.
By scanning this way instead of scanning as a trunked system, you may miss some traffic if the channel is released and the reply is picked up on another voice channel.
Old 05-23-2013, 2:43 PM

Troop D Springfield is now cut-over to MOSWIN as of this week.
Old 05-23-2013, 8:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Carthage tower site

Anyone know what is up with the moswin tower for Jasper county/Carthage? The Granby and Nevada tower cannot cover western jasper county.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:52 PM

I was in Joplin today and could hear all Hwy Patrol traffic on MOSWIN. Not sure which tower I was listening to, but was located near downtown.
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2013, 11:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Let me know what site asap if you would.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 11:31 PM

Yea, thanks Talkpair. I've had the Dearborn 171.675 punched in too. I talked with a programming friend of mine today and he told me about the same thing you have... voice channels vs. trunked groups. I plan to enter the individual groups at a later date.

I also traveled from St. Joseph to Unionville up in the middle part of the state this weekend and was able to hear Winston, Eagleville, Stanberry and Milan towers. It's great to be able to copy all car traffic finally after years of only hearing the base traffic 90% of the time!

Question: Does anyone know if the Tac 3 (154.9350) and Tac 4 (154.6650) are consistent with troops statewide? I would assume these would be used for air to ground enforcement, SWAT situations etc.
Old 05-24-2013, 8:31 AM

Imperial said that Troop D has switched to MOSWIN. That is not 100% true. Most have switched but there are still a lot of traffic on 42.060 and 42.100. They were going through radio training last week and still have more to train. Its random from what I can tell on who is switching to digital. I have a feeling that when radio training is complete, they switch.
Old 05-25-2013, 6:16 AM

Yes, there is still quite a bit of multicasting by dispatchers onto low band at this time, but their main system is now MOSWIN. Some officers have (for now) switched back to low band, like park rangers/conservation, but otherwise it's primarily on the new system.
Old 05-27-2013, 1:24 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Water Patrol!!

Troop F dispatch was busy at the lake...digital is great!!!.....was in Warsaw Mo...never got anything from Troop A water patrol...need to check my control channels....or maybe they did not use it yet.. Troop F covers the upper area around the dam area....Troop A is over the Benton county area part of the lake ....Truman area..not a peep...
Old 05-27-2013, 2:05 PM

Troop A's Dispatch 1 and 2 talk groups have been almost exclusively water patrol so far this holiday weekend.
I've heard several on Smithville Lake, one on the Missouri River, and one on Truman Lake.

One of the boats at Smithville advised the dispatcher that he could be reached on MoSWIN only.

I'm sure most have figured it out already, but it appears that Dispatch 1 will replace the low band metro channel for Jackson, Clay and Platte counties.......Dispatch 2 for the remainder of troop A.
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2013, 5:35 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkpair View Post
Troop A's Dispatch 1 and 2 talk groups have been almost exclusively water patrol so far this holiday weekend.
I've heard several on Smithville Lake, one on the Missouri River, and one on Truman Lake.

One of the boats at Smithville advised the dispatcher that he could be reached on MoSWIN only.

I'm sure most have figured it out already, but it appears that Dispatch 1 will replace the low band metro channel for Jackson, Clay and Platte counties.......Dispatch 2 for the remainder of troop A.
What control channels and talkgroups are they using?.....I have Benton county control channels in the scanner but not picking them up....no problem with troop F....
Old 05-27-2013, 6:23 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; HTC One X Build/JRO03C) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I don't have a digital scanner yet so I'm wondering if VHF digital such as MOSWIN sound any better than, say, the 800 kHz digital on KcMo or JoCo? I'm assuming the vhf would not have as much scatter, or simulcast issues as the higher frequencies and the decode rate on the scanner would be better?
Old 05-27-2013, 6:50 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgolden2 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; HTC One X Build/JRO03C) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I don't have a digital scanner yet so I'm wondering if VHF digital such as MOSWIN sound any better than, say, the 800 kHz digital on KcMo or JoCo? I'm assuming the vhf would not have as much scatter, or simulcast issues as the higher frequencies and the decode rate on the scanner would be better?
Oh ya alot better!!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 1:23 PM

Default Barry County All

TG 24401 is Barry County All is that SO?? It's been busy the last 2 weeks just don't no who's on it
Old 05-30-2013, 8:08 AM

According to the database, it should be Barry County dispatch. I will program it in. Last I knew they had not installed the radios yet, but that was a few weeks back. They did have their vehicle repeaters installed. Saw them a few months back.
Closed Thread

Tags
moswin, sticky