RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 10:01 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxpro822 View Post
TG 24401 is Barry County All is that SO?? It's been busy the last 2 weeks just don't no who's on it
You can get MOSWIN from Allen Tx?
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2013, 10:30 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Smile

Troop E update. This past weekend MSHP Troop E attempted to check for speeders using aircraft 79MP (Radio ID 5243) on MOSWIN talkgroup 53. It was a total mess. After numerous attempts, as the helicopter could not communicate in a timely manner as the offending car would be past the patrol units, the procedure was called off. The helicopter kept affiliating and unaffiliating with the sites. State Park Rangers continue to have issues as well as they are often in wooded areas. As a result low band is still in use, though limited. Most units are successfully transitioned. As expected, MSHP units almost always use their mobiles over their portables. Bugs continue to be worked out. The Perry County site is problematic also. Overall, it is nice to hear both sides of the conversation. The system gets better almost daily. Also there has been no conservation or MODOT units heard yet.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazpo View Post
I believe they recently moved from TX to Monett. Probably hasn't changed their forum bio yet.
Always looking for a time machine to relive those 70's and 80's Radio Shack glory days!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsTheMAN View Post
I was in Joplin today and could hear all Hwy Patrol traffic on MOSWIN. Not sure which tower I was listening to, but was located near downtown.
If there's any way you could come up with that Joplin site info... us Joplin scanner folks would SURE be grateful!
Always looking for a time machine to relive those 70's and 80's Radio Shack glory days!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphipps View Post
If there's any way you could come up with that Joplin site info... us Joplin scanner folks would SURE be grateful!

Does this site not work for you?

Granby City Newton 155.35500a 161.85000 161.93750c 169.67500 170.91250
Sponsored links
Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazpo View Post
Ok I can confirm that barry county is on the moswin.They are dispatching the same things on both systems.

And yes I did just movie to monett form allen I forgot that was even on there lol
Old 05-31-2013, 4:40 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default MOSWIN--NOTHING GOING ON Trp A

Not a thing out of MOSWIN ......Troop A..????
Old 05-31-2013, 6:34 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default MOSWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbigcount View Post
Does this site not work for you?

Granby City Newton 155.35500a 161.85000 161.93750c 169.67500 170.91250
I cannot get that site in Joplin either. I am not sure what is he was hearing. I am confused about the Carthage entries in the MOSWIN database. Those are current Carthage Fire and Police frequencies that I think are going to NEXEDGE. Steve PM me for my email so we can keep in touch on this.

I cannot pick up the Granby site in Joplin
Old 05-31-2013, 11:04 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

MOSWIN is currently in site trunking mode. All towers show on pro96com as "stale." Bloomfield site 307 is using 151.2425 as the control at this time. All Highway Patrol traffic is on lowband. Only mobile communication can occur. Must be a zone controller failure.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by semo View Post
MOSWIN is currently in site trunking mode. All towers show on pro96com as "stale." Bloomfield site 307 is using 151.2425 as the control at this time. All Highway Patrol traffic is on lowband. Only mobile communication can occur. Must be a zone controller failure.
MOSWIN back up at this time.
Old 06-01-2013, 1:17 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

MOSWIN is extremely active in Pettis County today. A LOT of affiliation from around the state. I've heard DNR TG's as well as TG's from every troop except Troop C and Troop I. There has been very little issues I now have 4 sites in my 197: Pipertown, Cole Camp Jct(formerly Odessa), Booneville, and Aullville. I have also noticed that the Cole Camp Jct. site has not assigned 170.600 as a voice channel for quite some time now. There was quite the interference from the Aullville CC that was using that frequency.

I might also add that the possibility of a 700Mhz site being installed in Sedalia is most likely going to become a reality. I've talked to some sources and it looks like the budget is going to come through for the City to buy the new radios and I'm assuming the state will follow through with additional infrastructure.

It has been confirmed that the SOW will be in Sedalia for the State Fair. Now how could I sniff out it's frequencies with a Pro-197? Will PRO96COM log CC assignments of VC's? If not, should have bought a Uniden!

Last edited by kd0fmg; 06-01-2013 at 1:24 AM..
Old 06-01-2013, 8:41 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Did not hear Troop A at all yesterday in KC....
Old 06-01-2013, 8:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Troop C has been active on both the Weldon Spring and Imperial towers.
Most traffic is still active on low band but some troopers are now using MOSWIN.
Troop C dispatch will still say the KAA203 call even when working a trooper on MOSWIN.
Old 06-01-2013, 8:14 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question Troop A

who are the rangers on Troop A?.....park rangers where?....Water Patrol?....no could not be..."LeeSummit Troop A to Ranger 46"

Last edited by KC0CSE; 06-01-2013 at 9:17 PM..
Old 06-01-2013, 8:17 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Re: 2012-MOSWIN-Missouri Statewide Interop Network-Sites/Talkgroups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC0CSE View Post
who are the rangers on Troop A?.....park rangers where?....Water Patrol?....no could not be..."LeeSummit Troop A to Ranger"....
They were on the DNR TG and the I have heard water patrol using troop a dispatch 3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2013, 8:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It seems most of the traffic I have been hearing on talkgroup 5, Troop C, are mostly water patrol units. I've heard several different users giving locations along rivers and streams around the St. Louis region.
Some actual trooper traffic as well but mostly water patrol which explains why the activity for Troop C drops off big time after dark.
Old 06-02-2013, 3:23 PM
IL/MO/MI Database Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default St Louis City 2-001

2-001 showing neighbors of:
203, 205, 316, 327, 329 (3xx not showing frequencies on trunker)

This is the first time I've seen neighbors outside of the system with MOSWIN.

Back to a long standing issue, that these are ALL the same system.
Old 06-02-2013, 8:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcom21 View Post
2-001 showing neighbors of:
203, 205, 316, 327, 329 (3xx not showing frequencies on trunker)

This is the first time I've seen neighbors outside of the system with MOSWIN.

Back to a long standing issue, that these are ALL the same system.
All the Troop C VHF MOSWIN sites near St. Louis also now list the city 2-001 800 MHz site as a neighbor site as well.
Never thought about running Pro96com on 2-001!

I guess I should search and log the cities 2-001 site traffic again with all the cities regular talkgroups locked out and see if I can catch any MOSWIN activity on that 800 MHz site.
Back when MOSWIN was first starting, I created a STL City site with all normal talkgroups locked out. That makes it pretty easy to spot anything new as it will not log any of the normal talkgroups with Proscan as the logging program.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:35 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default "On Air" Postings

I guess this should go to Starcom1.

The work you are doing is absolutely fantastic. And, the MOSWIN system is a big project. I am doing my best to follow it and program my scanner to the best of my ability. At times I wonder about my ability. But, my question is this.

About two months ago I printed up a page of the frequencies and sites that were reported as being "on air." However I looked today at the same listing online and noticed a lot of the sites that have been on air for a while now do not show that they are on air. It would make one that is new to this site think that those sites are not on air and not program them.

So if it sounds odd to ask about this, I'm sorry. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Keep up the GREAT work.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:47 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Re: 2012-MOSWIN-Missouri Statewide Interop Network-Sites/Talkgroups

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanman1958 View Post
I guess this should go to Starcom1.

The work you are doing is absolutely fantastic. And, the MOSWIN system is a big project. I am doing my best to follow it and program my scanner to the best of my ability. At times I wonder about my ability. But, my question is this.

About two months ago I printed up a page of the frequencies and sites that were reported as being "on air." However I looked today at the same listing online and noticed a lot of the sites that have been on air for a while now do not show that they are on air. It would make one that is new to this site think that those sites are not on air and not program them.

So if it sounds odd to ask about this, I'm sorry. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Keep up the GREAT work.
The system is complete and is now in the "optimization" phase so yes all sites should be on the air. They might be quiet at the moment but should start slowly picking up traffic. As far as the database goes. I think we have all done a good job contrubuting information. So far everything I've programmed has been correct except for a few minor quirks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Closed Thread

Tags
moswin, sticky