RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 8:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I am not getting any radio traffic off the Lawrenceton tower, I am getting traffic off the Shirley and Imperial towers. Is anyone else having trouble getting traffic off the Lawrenceton Tower ?

I made a mistake by placing my post (above) to another thread (Carthage ). I have asked the moderators to remove it.
Sponsored links
Old 06-14-2013, 12:17 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Re: 2012-MOSWIN-Missouri Statewide Interop Network-Sites/Talkgroups

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin39 View Post
One of the guys in Kansas filed a Freedom of Information Act request with KDOT and got the complete listing of sites, freqs. and talk groups. I assume it omitted a few things like FBI use and the like, but it's pretty much complete. Anyone tried this route in MO?

Bob, WoNXN
More power to ya citizen!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-14-2013, 5:12 PM

Default MOSWIN on the PSR-600 re settings.

I have a PSR-600 and want to be able to receive MOSWIN when Troops A and H cut over on the 19th. Do those of you with the 600 set the system type in your scanner as "Motorola vhf/uhf" or as "p25 manual" with the freq. tables from the RR MOSWIN Wiki entered. Thus far I'm apparently getting about 3 bars of signal from the Massman site but no data readout. I'm new to vhf p25 trunked systems and am not sure just how to proceed. Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Bob, WNXN
Old 06-14-2013, 5:35 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Re: 2012-MOSWIN-Missouri Statewide Interop Network-Sites/Talkgroups

Quote:
I have a PSR-600 and want to be able to receive MOSWIN when Troops A and H cut over on the 19th. Do those of you with the 600 set the system type in your scanner as "Motorola vhf/uhf" or as "p25 manual" with the freq. tables from the RR MOSWIN Wiki entered. Thus far I'm apparently getting about 3 bars of signal from the Massman site but no data readout. I'm new to vhf p25 trunked systems and am not sure just how to proceed. Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Bob, WØNXN
P25 Auto and default tables should do the trick for ya!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-14-2013, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC0CSE View Post
who are the rangers on Troop A?.....park rangers where?....Water Patrol?....no could not be..."LeeSummit Troop A to Ranger 46"
Rangers are assigned to State Parks.
I believe Ranger 46 is assigned to Weston Bend State Park.
Sponsored links
Old 06-14-2013, 7:20 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Ok thanks...I did not know we had "Rangers" in our parks that were with the Troop A......state rangers I guess?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:25 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; HTC One X Build/JRO03C) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I think it's "Ranger 29" is assigned to Truman State Park. The "Ranger" callsigns are assigned to the state park rangers.
Old 06-15-2013, 2:06 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Here's a link someone had sent me that lists the main rangers by ranger badge number and then what park they are assigned.
The rangers badge number listed on this page would be the same as what you hear on the air when dispatch is calling an actual ranger.

Roster | Missouri State Parks

Not sure how accurate the above info is but a small portion of the list I have verified with a ranger I know in my area.

I don't know if any of the users with a "ranger" number also have a 3 or 4 digit DSN like the troopers and water patrol use. So a ranger with a call of say "Ranger 29" may be the actual DSN for that ranger.

Most of the water patrol DSN's heard on the rivers around my area have been in either the upper 900's (like 991 etc) and then I heard a few that were in the 11xx range for their DSN's. 1129 is an example of one that I heard a lot from over the last couple weeks. Not sure if 1129 was the actual DSN I heard as that info is not transmitted over the network as data so it is not logged but it was close to that number. He was working other users who were also using similar 11xx and 9xx something DSN's while searching the Meramec river out around Eureka.
All seemed to be doing water patrol work as they were all involved in a search of the Meramec river and its flood waters along the river since around the Memorial Day weekend.

I've heard the "Ranger" numbers from the link above being called on the Troop C dispatch talkgroups as well as the listed DNR talkgroups and some of the TG's listed as interop TG's.
I did not take written notes of the DSN's heard while they were involved in the river and flood water searches so I can't match any of those up to the many radio ID's that were logged. One of the DSN's I heard often came up on several different radio id's. That user must have been switching from a portable to a mobile maybe or even using another users radio if his radio was not handy at the time.
They gave GPS coordinates often during the daily searches as there were no landmarks to report over the air.
I heard GPS coordinates being read to those on the water by aircraft above as well as coordinates being read to the aircraft so they could look into areas that the flood waters must have made it impossible to reach by boat by those on the water. I don't recall the calls or DSN's assigned to the aircraft involved.

Anyway, if anyone hears a "Ranger xx" call, try and match it up at the link above and it may give an indication of that rangers home area.
I don't recall hearing any "Ranger" type calls during the river search efforts but I missed much of it due to work. Get off work and it was dark and all searches had been halted for the night.
I should have setup the HP1 and let it record for me.

edit: I should have added the fact that the MOSWIN system seemed to work well for those involved but I think some of the GPS location reports I heard were indicating trouble spots with the system.

Last edited by kruser; 06-15-2013 at 2:13 AM..
Old 06-15-2013, 10:32 AM

On the KC side the rangers I have heard are :

Ranger 03
Ranger 06
Knob Noster SP

Ranger 33
Watkins Mill SP
Battle of Lexington SHS
Confederates Memorial SHS

Ranger 45
Lewis and Clark SP
Wallace SP

Gregg in KC
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2013, 8:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I heard what sounded like DEQ type traffic "They were to taking what sounded like Rad reading and Airflow reading. I have know idea where they were at . But they went by the Field team 1 and 2 Call names.

I heard it from my home in Park Hills. Any ideas if MO DEQ is using the MOSWIN system ?

Thanks and have fun scanning.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd0fmg View Post
P25 Auto and default tables should do the trick for ya!
Many thanks, OM.

Bob
Old 06-15-2013, 11:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0RV View Post
I heard what sounded like DEQ type traffic "They were to taking what sounded like Rad reading and Airflow reading. I have know idea where they were at . But they went by the Field team 1 and 2 Call names.

I heard it from my home in Park Hills. Any ideas if MO DEQ is using the MOSWIN system ?

Thanks and have fun scanning.
What MOSWIN site or frequency if not MOSWIN did you hear this on?
Old 06-16-2013, 11:21 AM

Default Troop A on Massman

Quote:
Many thanks, OM.
Now that I have my GRE 600 set up as recommended, Troop A seems to be pretty active on the trunk, mostly TG 20007. All good clear copy.

Bob, WoNXN
Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 AM

Sounds like all the counties in Troop A have cars now on MOSWIN. Hearing a lot from the Bates,Henry and Benton County cars now. I am hearing more on MOSWIN than I am on the lowbanders. I must say after listening to these guys for 20+ years one sided it is awesome to hear the whole troop. Feel like a kid in a candy shop!

Last night Troop A did a checkpoint and they used Dispatch A 3 and Car 3 for their communications.

Yesterday Troop A metro units got in on a foot pursuit and KCPD 690 wanted to help but sounded like the troopers on the ground had no knowledge of the channel he was wanting. A unit up in Clay County advised dispatch that 690 was trying to get in contact with them on channel ?????. I could not make out what he said but it sounded like ALL VIEW so I got to thinking and maybe it was LAW MU (maybe Law Mutual aid??).

Gregg in KC
Old 06-16-2013, 12:05 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Mutual Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmoscanner View Post
Sounds like all the counties in Troop A have cars now on MOSWIN. Hearing a lot from the Bates,Henry and Benton County cars now. I am hearing more on MOSWIN than I am on the lowbanders. I must say after listening to these guys for 20+ years one sided it is awesome to hear the whole troop. Feel like a kid in a candy shop!

Last night Troop A did a checkpoint and they used Dispatch A 3 and Car 3 for their communications.

Yesterday Troop A metro units got in on a foot pursuit and KCPD 690 wanted to help but sounded like the troopers on the ground had no knowledge of the channel he was wanting. A unit up in Clay County advised dispatch that 690 was trying to get in contact with them on channel ?????. I could not make out what he said but it sounded like ALL VIEW so I got to thinking and maybe it was LAW MU (maybe Law Mutual aid??).

Gregg in KC
yes if all else has failed...use mutual aid ...most all dept's still should have this.!!!! and it seems most have....old analog comes through again...
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2013, 3:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I believe it was the Lawrenceton tower that I heard the DEQ type traffic.
Old 06-17-2013, 9:21 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Roam Stat or off??

how are the rest of you guys running this system>>?....In the mobile the system is set at Roam ...Threshold Hi 85 Low 55....some would say set a" Stat check all control channels"...my system is Troop A and F In one scan list...
Old 06-18-2013, 9:47 AM

Default Newton County

Newton County SO TG 29403 they we're testing. it was just testing 12345
Old 06-18-2013, 10:16 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC0CSE View Post
yes if all else has failed...use mutual aid ...most all dept's still should have this.!!!! and it seems most have....old analog comes through again...
The "basic load" in all the radios the state is providing to agencies, through the different programs, include plain old analog 155.475 labeled VLAW31, as well as 154.280 labeled VFIRE21.

What we have now is a bunch of people who are not aware that VFIRE21 is the old Fire Mutual Aid, but the benefit to calling it VFIRE21 is that it is VFIRE21 nationwide. It was interesting to listen to the West TX audio, and hear them directing everyone to VFIRE21 - and everyone knowing what that was.

Same with VLAW31. It is now an education issue.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Lee's Summit - St Joe - Macon Highway Patrol

I am in north east Carroll County and I can hear all three of these troops using Home Patrol and an external antenna mounted in the attic. Crystal clear communications on MOSWIN.

"I once found a Carona... It was a Carona-Carona, but I only found half of it."
Closed Thread

Tags
moswin, sticky