RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 1:50 AM

The Theodosia site in Ozark County has its application filed.

FCC Application Theodosia
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012, 5:49 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question St Francois County

What's the timeframe look like for the St Francois County area for getting the system setup started for the area.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2012, 4:05 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0RV View Post
What's the timeframe look like for the St Francois County area for getting the system setup started for the area.

Thanks
MOSWIN is still in phase 1 for troop E. (And has been since mid to late 2011) The pilot phase took nearly all of 2011. There is still no HP usage at all on MOSWIN at this time. (except maybe testing).

Phase II covers troop D in the Springfield area next. Then comes Phase III and the Troop C and surrounding St. Louis areas.

I would figure things will speed up once frequency pairs and licenses are worked out. However, if I had to guess based on the speed of things today, I would not count on having MOSWIN in St Francois County this year.
Old 03-14-2012, 7:56 PM

I noticed the Nwin thread (for the Nebraska network) began around the first of 2009 and still appears to be incomplete.

I also noticed some Nebraska Highway Patrol entries in the low band logs.....so the low band is still alive there.

Given the amount of time it takes to put these things on the air makes me wonder what kind of maintenance nightmare they might become down the road.

In the meantime, I invested in some aluminum today......gonna beef up my low band antenna setup and enjoy it while it's still around.
Old 04-06-2012, 1:56 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Is anyone hearing any testing upstate? I've not heard any in the last few weeks. I do hear Sikeston PD on the Bloomfield tower now.

Save Gas. Drive a Diesel...
Sponsored links

Old 04-06-2012, 9:25 AM

Upstate is last to go online. Currently sites are going on the air and are being tested in south central MO in Troop G. MOSWIN now goes as far west as the Troop D-G line.
Old 04-06-2012, 2:12 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Ok. Thanks imperial.

Old 04-12-2012, 8:59 PM

Does anyone know what the latest application letter means? Will they start expanding MOSWIN now?!

Scanners Include: Uniden BCD996T & Uniden BCD396XT
Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I wonder where the freqs will be used on the today's update.

Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2012, 7:50 PM

I noticed in the database they updated a lot of the site info, where is this coming from? I don't see the site that would be closest to me, and know there are a few others missing. Can anyone tell me how this is happening??

Old 04-17-2012, 7:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The updates come from the FCC site.

Old 04-17-2012, 8:00 PM

I usually check the FCC site weekly on any new licences specifically for this, and none of these sites have shown up?!

Old 04-17-2012, 8:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by scannerowner View Post
I usually check the FCC site weekly on any new licences specifically for this, and none of these sites have shown up?!
They will not show up as licenses as they are usually just applications for licenses.
There is a way to search the FCC site for new applications and that is where most of that data is coming from.

Last edited by kruser; 04-17-2012 at 8:40 PM..
Old 04-17-2012, 8:26 PM

That is what I usually do, I didn't see the Branson site...there are a few sites that are on there, but not all.

Old 04-17-2012, 8:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I wonder if someone involved in the site construction may be supplying some of this info as I saw (or should I say I didn't see) what you saw also where some of the info is not showing up at the FCC site.

It was neat seeing all the new sites listed today though. Some are getting close to my area so I'm getting all excited!
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2012, 8:46 PM

I have one or two close, so I'll keep an ear out, but it's exciting me too!!

Old 04-17-2012, 8:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I think most of the information for the updates came from the application amendment for the Benton site. ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Trunked - 0005063118 - Missouri, State of - Administration . Open up the attachment titled; Corrected IRAC coordination BENTON site on the administrative page.
Old 04-17-2012, 9:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That was a neat report listed by city like it is.
It also amazes me the wide range of frequencies they are gathering up to make this all work. Pretty much from the bottom to the top of the standard VHF High band range is being used somewhere in the state.
And then they are asking for exceptions to allow them use of frequencies that are unused in the marine and radiotelephone or paging allocations as well as some of the stuff that is normally reserved for federal use only.

It kinda makes you wonder just how many vacant frequency slots there really are in the VHF band from say 150 to 174 when you get out in the more rural areas.

I think I'll miss the old days where you could get an idea of the user just by the assigned frequency going back to when they adhered to the old type of service allocations. Now you can find local government or fire department use about anywhere in the VHF high band.
Has any law enforcement been allowed to use unused channels in the rail allocation or is that one still protected for just rail use?
Old 04-19-2012, 1:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkpair View Post
I have a couple questions about the system itself.

1) Lets suppose an agency, such as Ripley county is thinking about joining MOSWIN, which could involve more than one site depending where a particular user is located. Is this agency required to offer-up a frequency (or pair) per tower for the area they want coverage?

2) In this example, let's assume Ripley county and the US Forest service are on MOSWIN, along with the Highway patrol, and maybe a city or two.......Are the frequencies then pooled to act like a single agency trunked system for the use of any agency requiring them on that tower, or are the frequencies chosen by the system determined by the agency requesting air-use, and subsequently assigned a frequency that agency contributed ?

1. An agency that goes on MOSWIN - will be configured as to the best coverage, ie, in Howell county in the normal course of operation they could be using the Caulfield Tower, the Willow Springs tower, the Alton tower - of course transparent to the end user.

Let me be clear - it is NOT required that an agency turn in any frequencies in order to go "all in" onto the state system. It is certainly possible that an agency may not even have frequencies to turn in that can be used.

2. See above. No restrictions as to only their frequency or tower.

As always, Steve Devine is the "man with the plan" but this is what I have been advised, and what we have been passing on to our agencies. It is the only way the plan makes sense anyways.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:24 AM

West Plains site in Howell County is licensed.

West Plains WQPE354
Closed Thread

Tags
moswin, sticky