RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 6:52 AM

Default "After new digital radio system falters, responders switch back to older analog syste

After new digital radio system falters, responders switch back to older analog system

After new digital radio system falters, responders switch back to older analog system - ky3.com
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2013, 9:35 AM

Maybe they'll switch to MOSWIN?! It would make a difference over Trbo. I noticed in the video they were using a scanner and we all know scanners won't do Trbo, it's kinda funny actually.

Scanners Include: Uniden BCD996T & Uniden BCD396XT
Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

[QUOTE=scannerowner;1903970 I noticed in the video they were using a scanner and we all know scanners won't do Trbo, it's kinda funny actually.[/QUOTE]

But scanners work really good on conventional analog, which they switched back to.

Mike

Providing ADS-B data from NW Ohio for http://www.flightradar24.com
Old 02-18-2013, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scannerowner View Post
Maybe they'll switch to MOSWIN?! It would make a difference over Trbo. I noticed in the video they were using a scanner and we all know scanners won't do Trbo, it's kinda funny actually.
Why not switch to MOSWIN? I don't know the specific cost of each system or lease, but I'm guessing that would be a money issue. The sheriff also mentioned that MOSWIN uses new technology and would like to see it in action before buying into it. He also mentioned terrain being a factor. Nixa and Ozark are the users having trouble, primarily with the portable coverage.
Old 02-18-2013, 9:35 PM

MOSWIN would give them interoperability. If I remember correctly Trbo radios don't do P25. I hear a lot of problems with Trbo on large areas. MOSWIN users will have portable coverage through vehicular repeaters I think.

Scanners Include: Uniden BCD996T & Uniden BCD396XT
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes, the only way that the majority of the state will have portable coverage is by use of vehicular repeaters, which will drive the price up greatly. (You don't use just a standard vehicular repeater, it has to be a P25 unit)

They might be able to work with the state to put in another MOSWIN site to improve portable coverage, but that would be expensive and frequency availability is a major concern.