"After new digital radio system falters, responders switch back to older analog syste

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerowner

Maybe they'll switch to MOSWIN?! It would make a difference over Trbo. I noticed in the video they were using a scanner and we all know scanners won't do Trbo, it's kinda funny actually.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
scannerowner;1903970 I noticed in the video they were using a scanner and we all know scanners won't do Trbo said:
But scanners work really good on conventional analog, which they switched back to.

Mike

foster_006

Maybe they'll switch to MOSWIN?! It would make a difference over Trbo. I noticed in the video they were using a scanner and we all know scanners won't do Trbo, it's kinda funny actually.

Why not switch to MOSWIN? I don't know the specific cost of each system or lease, but I'm guessing that would be a money issue. The sheriff also mentioned that MOSWIN uses new technology and would like to see it in action before buying into it. He also mentioned terrain being a factor. Nixa and Ozark are the users having trouble, primarily with the portable coverage.

scannerowner

MOSWIN would give them interoperability. If I remember correctly Trbo radios don't do P25. I hear a lot of problems with Trbo on large areas. MOSWIN users will have portable coverage through vehicular repeaters I think.

iamhere300

Yes, the only way that the majority of the state will have portable coverage is by use of vehicular repeaters, which will drive the price up greatly. (You don't use just a standard vehicular repeater, it has to be a P25 unit)

They might be able to work with the state to put in another MOSWIN site to improve portable coverage, but that would be expensive and frequency availability is a major concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.