Taxi Cabs St. Robert Mo (Pulaski Co)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to program everything into my scanner. But so far have only heard one taxi cab company over the air. Am I missing something?

The only cab company I've found is Post Cab. 159.9150 CTCSS 151.4

Last edited:

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Union Cab on 152.390 with pl tone of 131.8 is the only other one I see licensed... or listed on RR database for Pulaski county

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Union Cab on 152.390 with pl tone of 131.8 is the only other one I see licensed... or listed on RR database for Pulaski county

Union Cab is out of business. There are about 5 other cab companies in town due to the military base. I know they have radios because almost all the companies have drilled or mag mount antennas on their vehicles. But I can't hear any of them but Post Cab....hmm.

Ah. Just noticed you're from Dixon after I posted. Hello! Are you a member of the Rolla Regional Amateur Radio Society?

Last edited:

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Never got around to joining RRARS, went to a couple meetings and listen in on the net occasionally. Most of my "hobby time" with radio the past couple years has been dispatching for our fire dept. and programming, updating, etc. radios and getting a repeater for our sytem. If you know the names of the cab companies they may be branches off larger companies with radios licensed in other cities... I will check a couple more sources and see what I can find.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Never got around to joining RRARS, went to a couple meetings and listen in on the net occasionally. Most of my "hobby time" with radio the past couple years has been dispatching for our fire dept. and programming, updating, etc. radios and getting a repeater for our sytem. If you know the names of the cab companies they may be branches off larger companies with radios licensed in other cities... I will check a couple more sources and see what I can find.

That's cool! I have the Pulaski County fire departments programmed in my scanner. But I don't think I've heard Dixon FD. I have heard Dixon PD and Dixon Ambulance. Are you on 154.2500 with 431 DPL?

Here's a list of all the cab companies in the area. Saint Robert Taxi | Taxi in Saint Robert, MO - YP.com

Thank you for helping. The reason I'm curious to hear the taxis is that I'm new to this hobby and I'm interested in listening to what's out there.

Thanks,

Doug

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Yes that is the correct frequency and a digital pl (dcs) of 431. When we have a call you should be able to hear us quite well unless we are on the scene on handhelds then sometimes go to talk around mode. Our repeater is west of Dixon ...on the taller tower next to the RRARS repeater tower.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Yes that is the correct frequency and a digital pl (dcs) of 431. When we have a call you should be able to hear us quite well unless we are on the scene on handhelds then sometimes go to talk around mode. Our repeater is west of Dixon ...on the taller tower next to the RRARS repeater tower.

I picked up Dixon FD last night! Sounded loud and clear. I also picked up Whiteman Air Force which was cool.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Found a new taxi frequency. 151.8950 Mhz. They're using analog scrambling.

It was licensed to Yellow Cab but their license expired in 2000....

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tip! I found one LTR system but their license expired earlier this year. They may still be using it..so I put the frequencies in my scanner. If I pick up some noise then I'll try to map it out. If anyone is interested in the area, the call sign is "WPLY577".

Last edited:

iamhere300

That beautiful former MCI tower. A great tower site in great location.

iamhere300

In addition to LTR systems, many cab companies use Community Repeaters, one put up by a two way shop and airtime is sold. Often these are licensed as a FB6 so that the user does not need their own license.

Another thing quite common with taxis - is a number of taxis will be licensed under another companies name, such as ABC taxi owns DEF and GHI taxi companies, and runs them as part of ABC taxi, but they are labled differently, and have different phone lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.