MISSOURI HP BOAT PATROL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocDaddy

When I'm at the Lake Of The Ozarks, I listen to the Missouri HP Boat Patrol on 155.595... Now all thats on that freq is a random data burst every once in awhile. Has the Boat Patrol gone digital..?

KC0CSE

Water Patrol ---Digital now?

When I'm at the Lake Of The Ozarks, I listen to the Missouri HP Boat Patrol on 155.595... Now all thats on that freq is a random data burst every once in awhile. Has the Boat Patrol gone digital..?

well this came up two day's ago...talkgroup 20015 Troop A water patrol....yes looks like they went digital.. or are close to being so......

ksmoscanner

Keep in mind though, Lake of the Ozarks is not in Troop A its in Troop F. I think the Camdenton site just came online recently. I will be down that way Thursday night and will poke around a bit unless someone beats me to it.

Gregg in KC

KC0CSE

Keep in mind though, Lake of the Ozarks is not in Troop A its in Troop F. I think the Camdenton site just came online recently. I will be down that way Thursday night and will poke around a bit unless someone beats me to it.

Gregg in KC

Troop A has the Benton county area for water patrol...and yes Troop F takes care of the rest of the ozarks like camden county.. Troop F has no listing of talkgroups for water patrol as of now ...Troop A does..

Last edited:

ksmoscanner

Spent some time last night in Camden County. The signal from the Camdenton site at water level is great on the east side of the Hurricane Deck Bridge. During my stay I did not hear any voice out of the tower.

Gregg in KC

talkpair

I think they'll end up on the regular highway patrol dispatch channels for boat stops and records checks.

I've already heard 1279 on MoSWIN a few times on 20005....Once on the Missouri River at Napoleon, and on Smithville Lake.
Also overheard 1264 on 20007 on a recovery, but don't recall where in troop A he was.

It's a matter of remembering which units were water patrol from the old high band repeaters. Many were in the 12XX series, but not all.

mancow

Database Admin
I drove across Missouri and back last week. I heard lots of traffic on Moswin in the SE area but it was silent everywhere else. I can hear three towers in the Troop A area from my remote receiver but have never heard a peep of traffic. It doesn't seem to be used much yet.

scannerowner

Troop H (St. Joseph) has been using MOSWIN extensively the last few weeks, heard Troop A is to follow in a little over a month. I think it's still in its "perfecting" stage where they'll report dead spots and any other issues so those issues can be resolved when they are officially on it 24/7. I'm not saying they're not on it 24/7 because Troop H seems to be, but they still have officers on low band at times. Water Patrol has been heard, just not very often to be able to tell if they'll be on MOSWIN or not at this time. There have been reports of a "Marine" TG that has been heard in other troops.

ksmoscanner

Yeah, I have been hearing a few Water Patrol units on Troop A as well. I would think that with the amount of traffic on a large lake ( like Lake of the Ozarks) they would not want all that chatter on the same TG as the troopers. I would think most of the troopers would have no reason to need to hear all that lake traffic and tie up sites other than the ones at the lake. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

These are the Water Patrol radio #'s I have logged on the old repeaters. There are many more.

Gregg in KC

r9999w

lake ozark water patrol

i been down 4 weeks nothing on 155,595/
according to f c c records this lincense is cancel
they are probley on nextel!!!!!!!!
because i have stalkers units and we had a drowning in eldon and u did not hear a peep/reg.h p were on 42.320/42.640.

iamhere300

i been down 4 weeks nothing on 155,595/
according to f c c records this lincense is cancel
they are probley on nextel!!!!!!!!
because i have stalkers units and we had a drowning in eldon and u did not hear a peep/reg.h p were on 42.320/42.640.

As Nextel is finally shutting down their system (that never had that great a coverage anyways outside of the metro areas) I sort of suspect Nextel is not the answer. I have heard WP units on low band and MOSWIN.

About 25 more days before the Nextel plug is pulled all the way.

ksmoscanner

I have been at the lake the last few days and can confirm Water Patrol is being dispatched by Jeff City on Troop F 20155. 1281 was on TG 20121 earlier today telling Jeff City he would be out for training at Tan-Tar-A.

The list I posted earlier was for the KC Area units it was started before the hypo/waterpo "merger". Those are the radio numbers (same as badge numbers) just like the hypo numbers. I have started a new list now that they are on MOSWIN and it appears they have either expanded the radio/badge numbers used by the water patrol out of the 1200 & 1300's or they troopers are helping out. Hearing some in the 800's now.

Here is what I am seeing at Lake of the Ozarks so far:

On the Radio:
1281 Troop F
1284 Troop F
878 Troop F
1294 Troop F

From accident reports:
951 Cpl Troop F
1262 Cpl Troop F
466 Cpl Troop F
878 Sgt Troop F
1300 Trooper Troop F
1275 Trooper Troop F
1273 Trooper Troop F
62 Lt Troop F

940 Cpl Troop D
1308 Trooper Troop D
283 Trooper Troop D

So I wonder if 951, 466, 940 and 283 are actual water patrol "troopers" or are they regular highway patrol units assiting Water Patrol.

Keep in mind this list is way incomplete. Very limited traffic on the lake this week so not much activity to log more units with.

Gregg In KC / Sunrise Beach

KC0CSE

Water Patrol

so I too heard Troop F at the lake.....my question still is why Im not hearing dispatches for the truman lake area...Troop F does not cover that area...Troop A does...and they cover the smithville ...

r9999w

DSN NUMBERS WATER PATROL

Water patrol numbers are 1200 numbers
but last weekend unit 62 was at the boat races
today 6/12/2013
dsn unit 878 was calling miller county s .o .
Telling them to send 5321 miller county coroner
to scene they recover the body
f y i

ksmoscanner

State cars and Water Patrol units share the 1200 and 1300's

Unit 62 would be a MSHP Troop F Lt.

In the KC area we have heard these state units "on the water" in addition to the usual Water Patrol units. These same units have also all been logged on highway accidents as well. So I still wonder if they now have some highway units that can also be water patrol...??

531 MSHP Trooper Clay Co - Smithville Lake
826 MSHP Corporal Clay Co - Smithville Lake
825 MSHP Corporal Clay Co - Blue Springs Lake ( Lake in in Jackson Co )

Has anyone noticed if the Water Patrol Troopers changed thier uniforms to match the Highway Patrol Troopers?

Gregg

KC0CSE

State cars and Water Patrol units share the 1200 and 1300's

Unit 62 would be a MSHP Troop F Lt.

In the KC area we have heard these state units "on the water" in addition to the usual Water Patrol units. These same units have also all been logged on highway accidents as well. So I still wonder if they now have some highway units that can also be water patrol...??

531 MSHP Trooper Clay Co - Smithville Lake
826 MSHP Corporal Clay Co - Smithville Lake
825 MSHP Corporal Clay Co - Blue Springs Lake ( Lake in in Jackson Co )

Has anyone noticed if the Water Patrol Troopers changed thier uniforms to match the Highway Patrol Troopers?

Gregg

Just heard 531 car stop....water patrol?? also It seems Disp 2 is out south and Disp 1 is out north...

Last edited:

ksmoscanner

Yup the same 531 that is on patrol tonight has also been on patrol in a boat out on Smithville recently. Same with 825 and 826.

As for the Dispatch 1 and 2....I figured that 20005 is Metro units and 20007 is Rural units. Mostly, I am seeing Jackson,Platte,Clay and Cass Cars on 20005 and the other counties are on 20007. Seems like Henry, Benton and Bates counties are the last in Troop A to start getting their new radios. Just started hearing some Henry units this week. Still have not logged a car from Benton or Bates on Moswin yet. The southern counties being the last to come online might explain why we have heard very little Water Patrol activity on Truman Lake.

Gregg in KC

KC0CSE

Yup the same 531 that is on patrol tonight has also been on patrol in a boat out on Smithville recently. Same with 825 and 826.

As for the Dispatch 1 and 2....I figured that 20005 is Metro units and 20007 is Rural units. Mostly, I am seeing Jackson,Platte,Clay and Cass Cars on 20005 and the other counties are on 20007. Seems like Henry, Benton and Bates counties are the last in Troop A to start getting their new radios. Just started hearing some Henry units this week. Still have not logged a car from Benton or Bates on Moswin yet. The southern counties being the last to come online might explain why we have heard very little Water Patrol activity on Truman Lake.

Gregg in KC

Thank you for the information....this is what I thought ...while in Benton county "Warsaw" area never got anything from Troop A at tTruman lake....thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.