RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 5:58 PM

Default Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop C Question

Is MSHP Troop C using both conventional and P25 now? I just saw that they are posted under the STL P25 page now. What is the difference between all of their dispatch talkgroups (1-7) and car to car talkgroups (1-7)?

I'm not trying to program their SWAT or DDCC, just their basic patrol division (dispatch and talkback). What talkgroups do I need to program? And are they encrypted?

Also, what system frequencies do I need to program? I'm not very familiar with P25 so if you guys could be as specific as possible that would be very helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2013, 3:59 PM

I'm pretty sure they are mostly on MOSWIN. I'd just pick a site closest to you and program the dispatch TGs in. The car TGs are "Car to Car" and are rarely heard. You will hear both sides of the conversation with ease. Depending on the scanner you have, you can just program the control channels in your scanner (highlighted in red).

In the Troop A area I hear both Troop A Dispatch 1 and Dispatch 2 since they both are metro and rural respectively. Troop H, on the other hand, uses just Dispatch 1 til they have to hold the air for any reason then they switch to Dispatch 2.

Scanners Include: Uniden BCD996T & Uniden BCD396XT
Old 08-28-2013, 8:38 PM

Are there any closer towers to Florissant in north St. Louis County that are currently in use that I can program besides the city's north tower? Otherwise, I program the St. Louis City - North system frequencies for the MSHP Troop C?

Also, am I suppose to program the Project 25 RF Subsystem ID's into my scanner? I'm using the Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT with Freescan
Old 08-29-2013, 11:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wink Re

My neighbor is a Missouri State Criminal Investigator he told me that they are keeping the old system radios in the cars for back-up until they are fully assured the P-25 systems bugs are all worked out.
Kinda a just in case measure.So his un-marked car has has 3 antenna's 2 radios and one computer.I have not personally heard any voice traffic on the old system since the switch over.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 PM

I've heard Troop A occasionally ask the Troopers if they needed to switch to LB.

I can't PU Troop A Dispatch from home though.
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2013, 8:12 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

To ZOU4Life

You can also program in the St Charles County site as well as the Jefferson County site. From my monitoring the Jeff Co site is "very" strong and could possibly be picked up in Florissant. Give them a try. It should help a lot.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo807 View Post
My neighbor is a Missouri State Criminal Investigator he told me that they are keeping the old system radios in the cars for back-up until they are fully assured the P-25 systems bugs are all worked out.
Kinda a just in case measure.So his un-marked car has has 3 antenna's 2 radios and one computer.I have not personally heard any voice traffic on the old system since the switch over.
Correct. They were using the old frequencies at their setup on I44, Saturday for car to car.

Tags
missouri, mshp, p25, police, st. louis