St. Peters Police Department Radio Comm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKtango8403

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what is up with st. peters police radio traffic I am picking them up on my Uniden Bearcar 396XT and my old school Radio Shack Scanner and hearing the same thing only one channel comes threw with lots of static and a beep I hear them on it talking sometimes. Accounrding to my Uniden Scanner it says they (searching for control channel) I am assuming it is something on there side and not my scanner's if anyone has more info on this issues or knows what if there just down or there updating or possibly going digital please give me feedback. Thanks

N2JDS

Same here. AND, since the government is shut down, you can't go to FCC to see if there has been any recent activity to see if there is something useful there.

waingro223

Same Problem Here Too.

Yeah, I been having the same problem with Saint Peters Police too. Both of my main scanners BCD996xt and BCD396xt are having the same issues. All there pool of frequencies are transmitting at the same time with a constant BEEP every 9 secs or so. Something is definitely wrong unless there's something going on that we are not aware of. My scanner keeps looking for the control channel and cannot find it. There broadcasting on all there channels which makes it basically impossible to monitor. I hope it just a problem on there side too and can be fixed so we can properly listen.

teufler

St peters still beeping 10/3/2013

Still getting just beeps or tones, no audio. Talked tp st. Peters police at the 370 fair recently. They had some new radios, ht's, that were dual band. Vhf and 800 bands. Vhf to talk to moswin and st. Charles county and the 800 to talk to st. Charles city and i guess st. Peters because they were digital units. They were motorola but i don't remember the model. Not everyone had units yet as they got these units from st. Charles county. They operated digital and analog.

Have 396xt, searched 750 to 870 looking for control channels. Nothing for st peters.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Still getting just beeps or tones, no audio. Talked tp st. Peters police at the 370 fair recently. They had some new radios, ht's, that were dual band. Vhf and 800 bands. Vhf to talk to moswin and st. Charles county and the 800 to talk to st. Charles city and i guess st. Peters because they were digital units. They were motorola but i don't remember the model. Not everyone had units yet as they got these units from st. Charles county. They operated digital and analog.

Have 396xt, searched 750 to 870 looking for control channels. Nothing for st peters.

Motorola APXs more than likely.

Everyone who will be migrating to the St. Louis county, Jefferson county, or st Charles P25 simulcast systems SHOULD all be getting same radios. The vhf is not just for future MOSWIN use but ability to be used now. Kind of a "we have to use the money now" situation. They were all/will all be purchased together throughout 2013. These three systems will be linked to each other, MOSWIN, City P25, and starcom.

Back on topic:

Are they using the old vhf freq (155.310) or perhaps a talk around on 800 since that system may be down.

Last edited:

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Also has anyone tried searching TGs on st Charles 700 simulcast to see if they are on that maybe.

teufler

Getting comms, base and mobile, no trunking but complete on 851.7625
still got the annoying beeps and background hiss. Scanning or searching the 700 band , control channel searching. Got o'fallon but nothing else. Searching 750-870 for control channel activity, then saving each as a system on my 396xt. Nothing showing except the 851.7625

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
I've been hearing them dispatch on of the 800 MHz interop channels the last few days.

I can't remember which one, I've just locked it out.

851.01250 806.01250 RM
8CALL90/DPublic Safety Calling 90 (post-rebanding) FM Interop 851.51250 806.51250 RM
8TAC91/DPublic Safety Tactical 91 (post-rebanding) FM Interop 852.01250 807.01250 RM
8TAC92/DPublic Safety Tactical 92 (post-rebanding) FM Interop 852.51250 807.51250 RM
8TAC93/DPublic Safety Tactical 93 (post-rebanding) FM Interop 853.01250 808.01250 RM
8TAC94/DPublic Safety Tactical 94 (post-rebanding) FM Interop

Toad_77

I've been hearing them dispatch on of the 800 MHz interop channels the last few days.

I can't remember which one, I've just locked it out.

851.01250 806.01250 RM
8CALL90/DPublic Safety Calling 90 (post-rebanding) FM Interop 851.51250 806.51250 RM
8TAC91/DPublic Safety Tactical 91 (post-rebanding) FM Interop 852.01250 807.01250 RM
8TAC92/DPublic Safety Tactical 92 (post-rebanding) FM Interop 852.51250 807.51250 RM
8TAC93/DPublic Safety Tactical 93 (post-rebanding) FM Interop 853.01250 808.01250 RM
8TAC94/DPublic Safety Tactical 94 (post-rebanding) FM Interop

8TAC91

waingro223

Still Having Problems

I am not hearing anything on there channels at all. They are all still broadcasting on all there original channels with full bars and good strength but nothing at all. I did a manual scan on my scanner and heard them talking on several 800mhz frequencies but the strength was poor but still audible. I picked them up on at least 5 frequencies which still make that beeping noise and those channels all seem to transmit at the same time too just weak signals.

I noticed a new tower being constructed on Saint Peters Howell road and I am starting to wonder if maybe there changing systems or going to MOSWIN. If anyone has any information regarding the recent problems please let me know I just want to be able to hear my hometown again!

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Picking them up on 851.5125 very well here in IL 30 miles as the crow flies.

waingro223

Thanks a lot

Thank you guys! I am able to here them now, very much appreciated. Does anyone know why they are using this different frequency?

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
I would monitor their old TRS and see if ANYONE is using it. Might just be down. Maybe they had issues with it and depending on cost they might be using the 8Tacs since they're on repeaters, I know that all the radios fire, ems, police or whatever have the 7Tacs and 8Tacs already in them. Maybe since they are close to going to new system they didn't want to renew license for frequencies on old TRS. Would be extremely easy to just say screw the old system and start using new radios since everything's already there. Who knows. Departments do strange things and sometimes for stranger reasons.

Might be the new radios. I know for a fact that when we got our radios in St. Louis county we were told to use them immediately. Even though our older radios worked fine for our needs, we abandoned them literally as soon as we got the new ones. Reason: some buttons and functions are different, as well as tons of added zones and interops. They wanted us to use the 7Tacs on scenes but our dispatch does not have capability to monitor that and they still haven't figured out the emergency button situation yet. They want everyone on same page.

If you ask me, St. Peters getting new radios but staying on an old TRS would be the exact opposite of maintaining interop with these new radios.

polo807

Premium Subscriber
Re St.Peters

I have noticed St.Peters coming in clear at Olive & 270 I did notice the unit ids showed on my 396xt an lower case i and a 7digit id and sometimes a 6 digit unit id. As of 5 minutes ago someone one is was using 8tac91 for common calls for service. I did read on this subject St.Peters was using 8Tac91 during there P25 system was down or being updated or whatever they were doing with there P-25 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.