North Central Fire Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to let everyone know (and because I'm bored and the Missouri thread is dead) that North central (st. louis county) fire alarm has officially disbanded as of 10/30/2013 and all departments previously dispatched by North Central are now being dispatched by Central County 911. All communications have not moved however from previously used frequencies i.e 154.325/154.400 dispatch/response respectively.

lynxrufus

I must be bored, too. After seeing promos, I tuned in last night to Fox2 9pm news (something I generally never watch) to see Elliott Davis go after Central County 911 in one of his famous "You Paid For It" investigations. It was all about the amount paid to a consultant. Maybe the amount was too much but I was expecting something more horrifying.

I'm also confused about how directly or indirectly Central County 911 is funded by taxpayers. That was made as clear as mud.

Sometimes I think "You Paid For It" over-reaches.

I miss the old call signs- KBG256 and, especially, KAK s i i i ix one eight. Admittedly, that last one hasn't been heard in a while. What a classic! The dispatcher resposible for that belongs in a hall of fame somewhere.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
I miss the old call signs- KBG256 and, especially, KAK s i i i ix one eight. Admittedly, that last one hasn't been heard in a while. What a classic! The dispatcher resposible for that belongs in a hall of fame somewhere.

Just my opinion.

A few south and north dispatchers were hired at central county. A couple of north dispatchers did both for a couple of weeks.

ZOU4Life

Premium Subscriber
So what are all the frequencies used by Central County now? I see the St. Louis County page still hasn't updated. All I have are:

154.325 - North Dispatch
154.4 - North Main
154.22 - Central Dispatch
151.46 - Central Main
154.16 - South Dispatch
153.89 - South Main

and then the command channels. Are any of the Med-9 channels still being used? I know North County uses North Main as the Med-9 ambulance response. Don't know about Central or South County though.

Also, does anyone know the status of the MOSWIN for the St. Louis County area? And what frequencies/talk groups will be used? Thanks!!

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Basically the only thing that has changed is WHO they are dispatched by (CCE911). All the dispatch and response channels are the same. If they were dispatched by North central they are now on "North Dispatch" and "North Main", south county the same.

Don't look for anyone to add anything significant with the new radio system coming next year.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Basically the only thing that has changed is WHO they are dispatched by (CCE911). All the dispatch and response channels are the same. If they were dispatched by North central they are now on "North Dispatch" and "North Main", south county the same.

Don't look for anyone to add anything significant with the new radio system coming next year.

Hey Nick,

What's up with the new county system(s) anyway? I see STL County cancelled four licenses, St. Charles cancelled theirs and Jeffco cancelled both of theirs. STL County is the only one left that has licenses (2) for the new system.
It looks like these cancellations were requested by the license holders and not some enforcement action by the FCC.

For CCE911, will they keep using the current tower sites that North and South County dispatch used or does that all get moved as well at some point in the future? I'd guess they will keep them so they don't hamper their coverage.

ZOU4Life

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I'm pretty confused with the new county systems and why they were cancelled. Is it going to delay the switch over? And if CCE is using North Central and South county's towers, are they just acting as repeaters?

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I'm pretty confused with the new county systems and why they were cancelled. Is it going to delay the switch over?

The whole system has been delay after delay.

Those licenses were cancelled because they expired (or at least that's what I heard). They filed extensions/FCC waivers regarding rebanding and missed the deadline. This system was supposed to be online a year ago. Therefore the applications were resubmitted. It's not a huge setback or anything, the system is still a go and as late with everything as ever.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
For CCE911, will they keep using the current tower sites that North and South County dispatch used or does that all get moved as well at some point in the future? I'd guess they will keep them so they don't hamper their coverage.

I literally have no clue.

The only thing I know for a fact is according to the FCC the tower on old lemay ferry in south county is being used by St. Louis county for something related to the new system. CCE911 holds no licenses (so far) at the south county site or the North central site last I looked. South county used to simulcast on certain towers for different departments and/or didn't transmit on some. For example i never could hear Eureka get paged, now I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.