Liberty MO PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerowner

As I have heard, Liberty made the switch this morning. They'll probably keep their old VHF channels as a backup, but as of now they're on MARRS and having good results with it.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
SO, what type/brand scanner would I need to get to continue listening to Liberty PD on this
different system?? thanks
don

I would highly recommend any of the Uniden models:
BCD396XT: Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Police Scanner Radio.
BCD996XT: Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Police Scanner Radio.
Home Patrol: Uniden HomePatrol Police Scanner Radio.

If you're wanting something <$400, the Radio Shack Pro-106/Pro-197 models will work decently, however, the stores could be out of stock. GRE manufactures those scanners for Radio Shack, and they've been shut down for a while.

scannerowner

You should be able to still get Excelsior and Pleasant Valley. Maybe even Clinton County. Most everything will be P25 eventually. You may want to invest in a digital scanner one of these days. Well worth the investment!!

ecofreak

A little new at this. If Liberty went to MARRS, what are those frequencies? Or where can I find them?

talkpair

Currently, the control channel is on: 851.60000

The alternate control channels are:

Police Dispatch is using talk group 34500
Fire Dispatch is using talk group 34504

As mentioned earlier, you'll need a digital scanner.

Hawkeye2012

Significant other has given me go-ahead for new/used scanner ...

I would highly recommend any of the Uniden models:
BCD396XT: Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Police Scanner Radio.
BCD996XT: Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Police Scanner Radio.
Home Patrol: Uniden HomePatrol Police Scanner Radio.

If you're wanting something <$400, the Radio Shack Pro-106/Pro-197 models will work decently, however, the stores could be out of stock. GRE manufactures those scanners for Radio Shack, and they've been shut down for a while.

are there others besides above that mite save me some money, and be acceptable to
get Liberty with? Do I need one of the "trunking" scanners....very much a novice and help appreciated!!!
thanks
don

Last edited:

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I use the Uniden 396T daily. It is the version of the handheld before the 396XT. It works great for me through out the metro. I've used it since it was released. A couple few years. There are some dead spots. In the dead spots the HP1 and the PSR-800 also have trouble. The 396T on ebay used is less than $200. Those more expensive scanners have more features (e.g. HP1 can record audio, has a touch screen and do much more other tricks. The XT models have a multi site feature where you can put more than one site in a system, have more memory and can be hooked up to a gps unit. Multi site scanning is more of a nuisance on MARRS because only MERS, Hospital Reports and other few other actually use all sites. I'd say if your looking for a bargain try a Uniden 396T. That is if you trust the person selling the unit.

Hawkeye2012

Thanks for the info KCoax....I am just wanting to monitor Liberty police/fire...don't need or want
all the "bells/whistles"....will keep looking and see what is available...
thanks
don

ecofreak

I have a Radio Shack iSCAN trunking scanner. I'm hoping this will work. Thanks everyone for their input.

Status
Not open for further replies.