RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Missouri Radio Discussion Forum

Missouri Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Missouri.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 4:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Ferguson Riots

Just a quick note. Noticed while monitoring the situation last night that the person that ID'd himself as the CP (Command Post) for MSHP had a radio ID of 5. Pretty darn low. I am not sure if that is the radio ID for the CP vehicle radio or if it was that persons assigned radio.

On the other end of the spectrum I noticed a Troop C trooper today with a radio ID of 1000020. I double checked for accuracy. That is a pretty big ID.

Any one else monitor anything of interest or possibly new from last night?
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2014, 5:13 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Not sure if you saw the ID line up...
1000001 - 1004499 MSHP units - troops A, B, D, F, H - Portable unit IDs
1004500 - 1008999 MSHP units - troops A, B, D, F, H - Mobile unit IDs

1-4499 MSHP units troops C, E, G, I - Portable unit IDs
4500-8999 MSHP units troops C, E, G, I Mobile units
http://midcountyweather.org Home weather station and radars
Old 08-11-2014, 7:10 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

I have listen to MOSWIN system heard and the radio ID (UID) of 5099. I have concluded that this is the HP SWAT Van.

So I tagged it as the HP SWAT Van. If I am wrong please let me and thanks.

Also If anyone have any new UIDs please send them to me in a CSV Spreadsheet. Please them to me at fullerdavid63601@gmail.com

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2014, 8:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks for the line up.
Old 08-12-2014, 5:59 PM
IL/MO/MI Database Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Chillicothe to MOSWIN (Livingston)

New radios in Chillicothe - St. Joseph News-Press and FOX 26 KNPN: Regional Roundup

New radios in Chillicothe

Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 11:55 pm

By Clinton Thomas St. Joseph News-Press | 0 comments

An officer can’t do their job if they can’t communicate.

With that in mind, public safety personnel began a joint effort three years ago to update all radio communications equipment in Livingston County. The goal was to bring the Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) to the county so police, fire and emergency management personnal had a common radio system in case of an emergency.

According to a release from the Chillicothe Police Department, a digital console upgrade worth almost $30,000 was completed last week that brought the goal one step closer to reality.

The City of Chillicothe, Livingston County, Livingston County 911 and Livingston County Ambulance District split the costs for the project.

The Livingston County Sheriff’s Office and Chillicothe Fire Department are 99 percent equipped with MOSWIN equipment, while Chillicothe Police are 20 percent equipped, according to the release. If all goes according to plan, all three departments will reach 100 percent MOSWIN capability within two years. Six rural fire departments in Livingston County also will have at least one radio connected to the network.

The majority of funding for the projects has come through grants.

Three arrested in tank check-up

The Atchison County, Kan., Sheriff’s Office arrested three people Thursday who were seen near an anhydrous ammonia tank in Muscotah, according to the Atchison Globe.

Anhydrous ammonia is commonly used in the production of methamphetamine.

The department arrested Paige Borchert, 22, and Michael Johnson, 29, both of Manhattan, Kan., and Jennifer Buskirk, aka Jennifer Jackson, 37, of Holton, Kan. The trio was booked into the Atchison County Jail on suspicion of felony possession of paraphernalia with intent to manufacture a controlled substance; felony interference with a law enforcement officer, and misdemeanor criminal trespass.

Too close to call in Doniphan County

Officials will review results today in a county commission election that remains to close to call.

With the unofficial results from last Tuesday’s vote in the books, Tim Collins leads Bill Becker by just four votes — 188 to 184 — in the Republican primary race for first district county commissioner.

The eventual winner will face the Democratic candidate, Brett Neibling, in the November election.

Clinton Thomas can be reached

at clinton.thomas@newspressnow.com.
Follow him on Twitter: @SJNPThomas.
Sponsored links

Old 08-16-2014, 3:36 PM

Default Site 199

The database is showing site 199 as being a new Jeff City site, however Aullville and Pipertown are both reporting Site 199 as a neighbor with a control channel of 774.30625.

I'm thinking this is probably the State Fair but too far to receive it.
Old 08-16-2014, 6:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Cole County Sites

In response, somewhat, to Jeff City sites I was in Jefferson City Friday and today. I entered three specific sites relating to Jeff City in my scanner and I was surprised by what I heard, or did not hear. These are all sites listed as being active on the RR database. All sites are listed as in Cole County and in Jefferson City.

Site 116 - 700MHz
Site 199 - 700MHz - New
Site 120 - VHF High

The only site I received (using two different antennas-inside and outside) was site 116. Not a strong signal even in town but it was the only site I received. Sites 199 and 120 were a no show. Literally. Not one peep out of either.

I do not have a scanner capable of telling if there are neighboring sites that are on or off the air. I wish I did. I am going to assume that, at least, site 120 is off the air. In my history of monitoring sites around the state I feel that the VHF high band sites have a much better signal that the 700/800 MHz sites. At least in the rural areas.

I am thinking of sending a message to Terry (StarCom21) to see if the RR database needs to be updated or not. Maybe he will just read this and take it in. I have noticed that all the "new" sites that are going online by 2015, per postings on RR, are all 700MHz. Which brings up a question to me. Are the 700 sites going to work OK in the rural setting? And are the frequencies being used (700MHZ range) chosen because the state has run out of VHF frequencies? I think it is a valid question.

Sorry I did not receive even a data channel lock on site 199 while in Jefferson City this weekend. I now wish I had just to see if it was up and running.

Any other feedback? Thanks.
Old 08-16-2014, 7:05 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I can receive site 120 from Versailles, MO just fine.
Old 08-16-2014, 8:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That is three counties to the west. What CC's are you using?
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2014, 8:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Could site 120 not be located in Jeff City?
Old 08-16-2014, 8:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm not at home with the scanner right now but via onscreen control and teamviewer its showing 169.8875 while scanning
Old 08-17-2014, 7:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Site 199 could be a SOW.
Another user here (reported a few posts earlier) is currently seeing Site 199 as a neighbor to the Aullville and Pipertown sites. Suspicions are that it is related to the state fair.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:21 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I did a little check of the sites listed on the MOSWIN site map. It is a PDF that someone posted of a 100 plus page booklet of all the agencies on MOSWIN and other information including site locations. At the time of the printing it included this info. Please note it is not 100% as I know things have changed.

The only Jefferson City site is located at Eagle Ridge which is SW of Jeff City. Doesn't look too far so reception should not be a problem. I believe this was the original site 120 which is VHF. The information in the file does not include the NEW 700MHz site (site 116) that I did pick up.

The other nearby site is in southern Boone county about 12 miles or so (give or take) north of Jeff City. Listed as site 113, Ashland. I did not program that site in my scanner for my trip because at the time I thought it was closer to Columbia and I did not want to monitor that site. I was wrong to do that because that site is just as close to Jeff City as it is Columbia.

On my way home form Jeff City I had the NEW Boone Co/Columbia 700MHz site programmed and along Hwy 54 north to Hwy 70 I did monitor it fairly well but it did fade in and out quite a bit.

Sorry to be such a pain guys. I guess I just want to figure out what I either did wrong in my programming or fix any listings on RR that are incorrect. Hopefully there can be a review of sites in the Columbia and Jeff City region that reflects proper location and frequency bands as well as CC's as we know those have a tendency to change. I am wondering if site 120 was taken off the air after the new 700 site was put on the air. But someone has already posted that 120 is still active.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-19-2014, 5:54 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Can anyone in the Jefferson City area verify the cc's for VHF site 120? What I programmed in my scanner did not work. I want to verify if the RR listing is correct or if it has changed.

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2014, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanman1958 View Post
Can anyone in the Jefferson City area verify the cc's for VHF site 120? What I programmed in my scanner did not work. I want to verify if the RR listing is correct or if it has changed.
On 7-11-2014, the Camdenton site (117) was showing it's neighboring site number 120 (Jeff City) having a control channel on 169.8875.

I'm not in Jefferson City, so I can't confirm it or supply the alternate control channel.
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Ah ha!!!!!! If that is still true then that would explain my issue. 169.8875 is listed as a voice channel not a control or alternate channel. If we can get a current reading for site 120 to verify that would be great. Then we can have the RR database updated.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

That's the same cc I had said was seeing 2 days ago. If I have time tonight I'll check into it some more.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Sorry. I thought it was a voice channel you mentioned. My big mistake. It will never happen again. This week. Smile.
Old 08-22-2014, 7:14 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Well, I ran Pro96com for a few days on the 5 sites that I can connect to and came up with a few updates. I'm planning on going to Jefferson City this weekend and if I have time I'll log the 700mhz site.
Old 08-29-2014, 7:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default 4718

Anyone know TG #4718 is? They've active the past couple of days.

Save Gas. Drive a Diesel...